Concerned: Sore inside vagina. Pictures attached.

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a week ago I had my first period in months (due to my contraception injection). In the first couple of days of my period, my vagina was abnormally itchy and I wondered if maybe I had a yeast infection. A couple of days later a noticed slight stinginess when I peed and decided to check it out and found this sore. This is the first time I've ever had a sore on my vagina and my mind is in over drive.

Background: I was seeing a guy and having unprotected sex for around 9 months, he told me he was clean of STD's and you can never be certain if somebody is being truthful. I know I was STD free before sleeping with him. We haven't slept together in around 3 months, I've had no symptoms during this time until now on my period.

Could this be the result of me scratching during my period or a reaction to my menstrual pad? or a yeast infection or could it be Herpes? My period has finished and the area is no longer itchy, I don't particularly have discharged and there is a slight smell but I think this could be from me not washing as thoroughly because of the sore. The sore has not spread to anywhere else.

Any advice would be great! I'm currently away however I am going to the Sexual Health Clinic on Monday to get tested and will post my results when I find out for anyone else in a similar situation.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

UPDATED PHOTO: The photo posted above originally is from yesterday. Today I checked just now and the sores seem to have gotten smaller over night, you can also see a little white discharge in this photo.

Thoughts?

• Posted

UPDATED PHOTO 2: I've checked again this morning and it seems it has reduced in size slightly again. All these photos span over 4 days, the one attached is the most recent one.

imageThoughts anyone?

• Edited

sorry i have no insight on what this is because i have the same symptoms. did you ever find out what it was?

• Edited

Hey, so my sore (the one in the photo) has completely healed now and that was about 4/5 days from when it first appeared. However, I have an appointment on Wednesday for a check up and I will post the results when I have them. Hope you're okay, definitely book an appointment too if you're able to!

• Posted

will do! we'll keep each other posted on the results.

• Posted

Hi everyone - apologies for the radio silence! By the time I went to my appointment the clustered sores were completely cleared up as they healed after about 5/6 days and therefore there was nothing to be swabbed and so I couldn't be tested for the Herpes virus. They no longer do blood tests at the clinics where I live anymore, you have to pay privately if you need a blood test.

I was advised to wait and see if I had anything like this again and then get tested.

Fast forward to now! Almost 2 months on and I had a slight itch and checked today and saw I have a tiny sore in the exact same place as before - so I'm unfortunately thinking it is indeed herpes, I've not had sex since before my first post so around 6 months ago.

As we are in the middle of a pandemic I cannot go to the clinic or urgent care so I'm looking in to purchasing a home test. Picture attached of new sore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.