Confused!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I've just been to my gp for a check up after being on my citalopram 40mg for 5 weeks now. I told her that my side effects are starting to go now and that even though I've had a little bit of improvement, (chatting a bit more, less anxious, still feel low but not crying as much) I still feel like their is a lot of room for improvement. She told me that after 4-6 weeks I should notice a difference and said this was a good sign that my tablets are working and they should have reached a peak by now.

What I'm confused about is, is this it then? I asked her if I would keep improving and I didn't really get a straight answer so I don't know if things will keep getting better as time goes on and will I still start to feel better because I feel like I'm no where near what I was like before. She didn't offer a change just told me I will need to take them for atleast 6 months-1 year.

So will i keep improving for a bit because I really don't feel like I'm half way their yet.

0 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Next
  • Posted

pointless asking a doctor they know nothing about antidepressants

• Posted

What do you think if you don't mind me asking? Do you think 5 weeks is too early to tell?

• Posted

yes, well too early to tell! these are powerful drugs, put it this way i reduced from 10mg to 6mg 11 months ago and only just starting to have better days.

• Posted

Wow that is a long time isn't it x how are you finding it being on a low dose? Is it better than when you are on a high dose?

• Posted

For migraines? Surely they could have given you something better than antidepressants. And now you have anxiety because of it. Hopefully when you get them out of your system and everything goes back to normal the anxiety will leave you too

• Posted

did the celexa get red off your migraines initially?and if so ,are your migraines life long ?

• Posted

not really, and since ive been on them i have scarring on my brain caused by meds so just want off them x

• Posted

if its a not really answer to your migraines.i say get off.if my initial symptoms of anxiety was a not really answer to my drama i would definitely come off them quickly.regards

• Posted

i cant come off them quickly for some people theyre brutal to get off x

• Posted

totally understand.may i ask what made you stay on them for so long if you werent really getting benefits from them?

• Posted

have you ever heard of polydrugging? its what doctors are good at, basically the first drug i got put on caused a symptom the docs think its real so give you another on top which causes another symptom until the patient doesnt know what is causing what, it never stops unless you end up being rushed to hospital with a suspected stroke like me x

• Posted

yes i totally understand that polydrugging after my doctor try to misdiagnose me for having arthritis.and trying to give me drugs for it .thank god i was aware of all the side effects n meds interactions.other wise i would of probably had all kinds of poop going on in my system.when i told my doctor that she was wrong she couldnt believe that i said no to her arthritis meds.

• Posted

my docs are leaving me to taper off as i please as theyve admitted i know more about these drugs than they do pfffft x

• Posted

i bet .after all these decades that the ssris have been on the market you think they would know something.other than oh yoh will be find in two weeks.i guess they dont want to verbally scare their patients.with med drama.

• Posted

Sounds like you definitely know more than they do and you know your own body so sounds like it's better they have left you to it. Atleast that way you are in control of what happens. I hope you keep seeing improvement and hopefully get to a good place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.