Confused!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I've just been to my gp for a check up after being on my citalopram 40mg for 5 weeks now. I told her that my side effects are starting to go now and that even though I've had a little bit of improvement, (chatting a bit more, less anxious, still feel low but not crying as much) I still feel like their is a lot of room for improvement. She told me that after 4-6 weeks I should notice a difference and said this was a good sign that my tablets are working and they should have reached a peak by now.

What I'm confused about is, is this it then? I asked her if I would keep improving and I didn't really get a straight answer so I don't know if things will keep getting better as time goes on and will I still start to feel better because I feel like I'm no where near what I was like before. She didn't offer a change just told me I will need to take them for atleast 6 months-1 year.

So will i keep improving for a bit because I really don't feel like I'm half way their yet.

0 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

took me eight months .i know everyones chemistry is different .and iam still improving after been on them for roughly 3years.

• Posted

That's amazing that you are still improving! I was just worried that that this would be the best amount of improvement I would make and I'm deffo not their yet! So of I keep going it should get better as the weeks go on? Thank you for replying x

• Posted

That is such a relief! I I really hope I keep improving! Did you have a moment where you felt great or was it more of a gradual thing for you?

• Posted

dont forget that the tablets dont do all the work we have to help them by exercising eating well and drinking plenty of water also thinking right x

• Posted

Yes definitely! I'm seeing a Councillor and learning CBT and just need to change my diet then aswell x

• Posted

I bet that felt great when you realised you felt better! I can't wait untill I start feeling better x it can't come soon enough for me

• Posted

I'm sooooooo jealous! Lol I can't wait! I'm still getting morning anxiety and once that goes I think I will start to notice some improvements a bit better. Evenings are a little easier but wake up again feeling poo. Did you suffer the same?

• Posted

Omg! 8 months! How did you not give up taking them? I think I would have been sure they weren't working after 8 months. I am so glad that you are feeling better and thank you so much for your support.

• Posted

when you dont have a choice because i already try different antid.i push. n because i felt some relief from the initial anxietys i knew it was working.all though my initial symptoms of anxiety improved .the side effects got severe.but my side effects was nothing compare to my anxiety symptoms i have been holding for decades.so 8 months of pushing was nothing compare to 30years of suffering.

• Posted

Wow I bet that was such a relief to know that finally something was going to work for you! I'm so happy for you especially after suffering for 30 years! That's longer than I've been alive lol. How did you know other ADs weren't working? Made u feel worse or no change? Its so hard to tell sometimes what's side effects and what's anxiety isn't it x

• Posted

the other meds gave me severe side effects.pain in my eyes was one i could not look at anything bright.the other was my senses where not working properly all my senses.it was severe .but thank goodness this med gave me my life back.before any med .i had severe paresthesia in my scalp .it felt like a million fire ants biting my skull 24hours a day.celexa was the only med that relief that anxiety symptom quickly.the other meds did not touch my paresthesia.

• Posted

That sounds absolutely horrible! I'm lucky to not have that for sure. You must feel so glad you found the right med! It's so good that you feel you have your life back and let's hope thing just keep getting better for you! So your paresthesia has gone completely?

• Posted

completely gone.that is why i would never come off .cant risk that ant feeling terrorizing me again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.