confused

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey if I buy a meal at about 385g and it's under the 5g per 100g can I only eat 100g of that meal or can I eat the whole 385g totally confused and no help on info from doctor

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can have 15g of fat per meal but the fat content can't be over 5g per 100g. 

So you can eat the whole thing as it's low fat. 

People get mixed up when they look at the fat in grams for the whole thing! It's not that it's per 100g. 

Else ud be allowed crisp & cheese!!! Which your not, well not without accidents!! Just keep it low fat stick to the 5g rule and you will be fine. 

Enjoy smile

• Posted

Gosh! Now you got me confused! confused

She can eat the whole lot?

But dont that take her over the 15 grams per meal?? confused

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

OK been told 2 things I can eat 3/4 and the whole lot totally confused haha
    • Posted

lol....thats what we are here for hun, just to confuse you! cheesygrin

I was told by my GP 15 grams per meal and no more than 5 grams of fat per 100gm. So 300 grams of it is your total of 15 grams!

))))))))))) BRITNEY(((((((((((((

)))))))))))))WHERE ARE YOU?((((((((((((( eek

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I only had 9 grams of fat in my whole day yest is that ok I scan my food on my fitness pal app and put in how many servings I have 
    • Posted

You are allowed 15grams of fat per meal with each tablet, taken 3 times a day or the Orlistat demon will come get you and march you off to the WC, when you least expect it!frown

If there is no fat content in a meal you dont need to take a tablet with that meal. You cannot carry over from the day before if you happen to have less fat.

You do need some fats hun, I would not make a habit of only having 9grams.

Lovely Britney may be on a bit later, maybe she can explain things a little better than me! eek

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Only a bit!! I'd risk it. I took them for 5 months and got to know what I could risk and what I couldn't. I'd eat it all 🐷🐷🐷🐷lol. 
    • Posted

lol....Nom! Nom! Nom! cheesygrin

Lucky you!  I only went over by a wee bit  and the Orlistat Demon came and got me twisted I'm not letting that happen again, as I was at a friends house having dinner at the time! Embarrassing or what!redface

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Well yest I had 2 slice wholemeal with jam for breakfast snack of  1 morrisons rice snack (like snack o jacks) then lunch I had a morrisons low fat spicy chicken wrap out the sandwich aisle then another snack of rice snack then for tea I had chicken breast with spices and salad and beetroot an was full don't no how I can get more fat in my food without having  other portions as I'm gettin stuff with like 2g or 4.3g of fat per 100g will I still lose weight takin my 3 tablets a day n that amount of fat 
    • Posted

What kind of meals do u eat? I'm really struggling to eat more as I'm full can these tablets make u fuller? 
    • Posted

No they dont make you fuller hun!

I just have cereal for breakfast with soya milk, take my own sandwich to the office with a piece of fruit, I nibble a bit of Ryvita now and again with my cup of black coffee. Of a night its salads, stirfry without the fry! lol, sometimes steamed fish with veggies or something from the soya range of meat alternatives. I have soya yogurt if I want something sweet, they make a nice chocolate version in the small pots.

I try hard not to fixate on food, but do plan ahead. Sometimes I might make a veggie casserole with some pasta in and have that over 3 nights....depends on how the mood grabs me!

I get nights when I am really hungry and others when I am not, I always keep something in my fridge ready to munch on, like a salad of some sort. I love apple and carrot salad, I make it with a little yogurt instead of mayo.

Darn it! I am making myself hungry talking about flippin food! I got another hour and a half at work to go yet! lol

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I had a Warburton half pitta with cooked chicken slice and Philadelphia for lunch n only came to 3.2 grams maybe I shud try and have 2 of these t get my grams up and maybe 2 chicken breast with my tea either salad or baked potato or stir fry  I like it how u only need t watch ur grams think iv been a bit strict mite start weighing my food n if avaliable have extra grams per meal to get up to 15g
    • Posted

Well you do need to keep an eye on the calories as well as the fat content too hun!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Still ur 1200 calorie allowance? I picked up a weight watchers malted sultana loaf and it was o lying like 1.3g per 100g do lookin forward to seeing if I'm ok with that as a wee sweet treat 
  • Posted

Hi Suzanne :-)

You are only allowed 15 grams of fat in total for each meal, so I guess you could have just under 3/4 of it, but nothing else that contains fat in your meal....or the Orlistat Demon will come get you! twisted

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.