confused and needing clarification.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I find myself reading discusions, replying and not able to get back to the information. It's probably an operator error. But the tips and advice have saved my sanity. And most likely my marriage. The poor guy has been so patient and understanding. Just putting your solutions and ideas out there has been so helpful.

From some of the expressions and phrases I gather the UK and Canada are highly represented. Because of the different health systems what are you seeing as the "normal" pattern for getting a knowledgeable provider in the US?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Vicky, I've just discovered the green 'follow this discussion' button above the chain of conversations. That way you'll be notified if another comment is added and you can find your way back. I'm from Canada - saw a dermatologist first - hard to find one who treats LS – most of them are involved with cosmetic stuff like botox - but then she retired and I was passed on to a gynecologist at Women's College Hospital in Toronto. Don't know the set-up in the States for treating LS, but I'm hoping that info might help you figure it out. Andrea
    • Posted

Thanks Andrea. That's a great help. Maybe it just seems overwhelming to navigate through it - no patience - with holiday stress causing flare up. Just need to take a deep breath and slow down.
  • Posted

I think it's telling that Dr. Goldstein, of Washington DC, USA, whose presentation we have pinned at the top of our forum, brags about having the most LS patients (1200). My gynaecologist in rural Canada has 1000. Maybe it's not on American doctors' radar.
    • Posted

Hi Morrell,

my GP here in the UK said that a large proportion of the women in hte waiting room to see her, were suffering from LS.  She didn't put figures on it and she was the most experienced female practitioner in the surgery.

• Posted

I don't really understand how this seems to be the best kept medical secret in the US?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.