confusion

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was told by the doctor that I had menopause .I have had no period for over a year and then all of a sudden today I have cramp and my period .I am 50 years old

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry forgot to say I was told from my blood work I'm post menopausal.

• Posted

Hi Azzumi, how are you keeping? Last 2 days havent been too bad for me but previous to that i was feeling pretty low again. Im starting the 2nd patch today which has the 2 hormones which makes me feel low so i cant say im looking forward to the next 2 weeks!! Im still getting night sweats and the anxious feeling back, some flushes, you would think by now on week 7 the higher dose estrogen would have sorted that out?!! Oh bloating and gas getting that bad too, such a joy isnt it!!

The hrt clinic have never done any bloodwork with me, i spoke to my gp about it last week she didnt think it could be too high no offer of bloods being done. The clinic had sent a letter to my gp saying if the 2 patches didnt work they would offer me the mirena coil. I would be really worried about this as i know it can cause depression in a lot of women i may not be affected that way i will only know if i try it. I know i cant stay on 2 patches as this 2nd patch just brings me down too much. I would think it probably was a lot to do with hormones with your mum, i have read of women being diagnosed as bi polar when it was actually hormone related. Hrt is a roller coaster ride all of its own i think, 3 months to trial each one to see if it works, if i start a new regime in August it will be October before i know if its any good, crazy stuff. I hope you are having a good day, take care.

• Posted

Hi Angela, been going good thanks. Good to hear you've had a few good days and 7 weeks isn't really very long. My first 6 weeks on bios was horrid as he gave me too much estrogen and it literally sent me crazy. He dropped my estrogen right back but still took a few more weeks to start to feel better and still with some crappy days. I'm 17 weeks in now and I think its finalky starting to work (I think). I know some women seem to have instant success but it does seem rare to get it right straight away. I'd say we are more the norm. I go for my third checkup next week with new blood work so maybe another adjustment. I probably told you I also take DIM which is the only other thing i take and i increased it last week. I have a feeling the DIM helps me a lot too. I'v used it on and off for a few years and my boyfriend agrees that I'm heaps better when I'm on it. If all my problems are due to estrogen spikes and getting a build up of bad estrogen then it would make sense. When things are going good I admit I do wait for one of those horrible feelings to return. I guess if the bad days get further apart then I'll think about it less. My boyfriend had a discussion with a mate who thinks women just need to just control themselves and hormones are no big deal. My boyfriend was furious and told him how wrong he was and that he had no idea what we go through. Mind you its not only men who think like that. I don't understand why there isn't more education for everyone about menopause and what we can really expect and how to get help. Suppose I'll never know why my mother was so sick but I'm sure now that her hormones played a part. When I told the doctor who does my hormones that sometimes I think I'm going crazy he said yes hormones can make you crazy. You said 3 month trial which is what I did for my last adjustment. You need that time for your body to adjust properly. The wait is painful though. Goodluck. Let me know how you go.😃

• Posted

I hate the doom and gloom feeling I have in the last few months of prolonged cycles. Summer is coming and I am not able to enjoy life, nice weathet, new clothes etc. Everything seems so futile. Plus health anxiety, fear of loosing friends due to my strange temper now, I am paranoid, crying, oversensitive....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.