Confussed and Very nausea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started taking citalopram only two nights ago, the doctor said to take at night, this is for the treatment of being very anxious due due to having constant head spasms, it is really playing havock with my mental health and as you can imagine it is making me have not very good thoughts. I belive the medication will help the muscle relax and maybe I will get some sleep. I am very confussed to why these spasms started, stress, worry, I am so unsure? I know I am not the person I used to be a few years ago, but the spasms are driving me mad. The doctor said to me that in a few weeks I should be better and hopefully forget about the spasms, that confussed me. I am very aware they are there and with it being in my head I worry. Since taking two doses (20mg) each day I have gotten up and throughout the day just felt sick and have no appitite. It is now 3pm and I have not eaten anything, the thought of food, eee! I seem to be mixed up with taking the tablets, my head feeling totally alien and the sickness, everything.... Has anyone had this medication for a similar thing, and how about the sickness and no appitite? Thanks for reading, Karen

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen, what do you mean by a head spasm? I dont think I get these! Is it a form of epilepsy rather than anxiety, although I think both are interlated. I shake my head, a lot! Sometimes when trying to concentrate. I ve done this since i wa sa child..often people ask(why are you shaking your head?) I tend to ignore them...Ive had this since I was little...but I would not describe it as a head spasm and I never notice myself doing it, so it doesnt bother me, just those that ask!

I feel sick taking these pills, but I no longer shout, I can cry more though and still get frustrated and agitatedbut feel a little more in control. @ nights is v early doors, and maybe your case will be different...the nausea is supposed to pass!

• Posted

The spasms I guess the doctor thisnks are stress / me being anxios related, it just feels very weird and can be anyplace onthe head, mostly though on the right hand side. I know stress and being anxious can bring on many forms of things, but the head with proloned feeling?.... I ended up going to A&E last week as I just felt so strange. As I have no other symtons I got discharged and they told me to go back to my doctor. Still not convinced though. I will see how the medication goes and take it from there, I hope it is stress related as then I can rule out all my other thoughts of anything more serious (you can't help thinking like that can you) Many thanks for your post / reply, it always helps to sahre how your feeling. You said about shaking your head since little, I find that interesting, my friends daughter who is now 8, has done this since she was 2 years old. I am now going to try and have some lunch?!
  • Posted

Hi! I previously took Citalopram.

About 2 months ago I was feeling low in mood again. I couldnt do my job or bring myself to talk to my partner, I wasnt eating or sleeping properly, my whole body was racked with pain and the quietest of sounds seemed to hurt my ears.

I also became aware of a sore tooth and started to get really painful spasms in my face - I was in agony. After numerous visits to the dentist they couldnt find anything wrong. My doctor put me back onto Citalopram with a course of antibiotics at the same time in case I had a sinus infection. I felt really sickl and nauseous at first and so anxious and tense with a bad tension headache.

I think if I hadnt been on Citalopram before I'd have been tempted to stop them, but I rode out the worst first week or two.

Its now 6 weeks after I started back on Citalopram and I feel much better. My spasms stopped, I feel happier in mood, I'm sleeping better and my appetite is returning back to normal.

I hope you start to feel better soon and that you find Citalopram is right for you post back to let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply also. Today I woke up and back to work, did feel very sick and ate little today, hopefully as the week gets on this will wear of. Today the spasms in my head were there, one bad one which felt like I had been plugged into an electric socket :-( I then got axious and wanted to go home, I managed to stay at work thought. The other one was mild. Maybe the citalopram is help relax the muscles a bit, Appart from that today has been a bit better. I must say it is good to read these posts and hear how others are, many thanks, Karen...[/b]
  • Posted

sad Me so sad now!

My mum has to go back into hosp for a biggy on the 9th...I cant handle it! Why should someone work so dam hard all their life...for this/////?Poor mum...so fed up with everything! I am posted all over this forum, and Karen...I think that the brain current that you describe is anxiety....but I dont know...but i have has similiar things!

No one is talking to me anymore...I think frankly that everyone is just pure sick fed up with me~!!

I want my name of this forum and changed to something else. This world is too small , someone I know is bound to find my name splattered all over the place(Katy) I want it off...like right now!!!!

I also have a query, when I was born I weighed 2lb 7 ounces. I was lucky to survive according to my mum....do you think that it is possible that her ovarian sist was because | was a twin??? She did have a massive bleed when she was expecting me. Is it all my fault that she is going through all this pain. Is that why she could never look at me in the eye when I had Becca? Cause I had it easy???

So confused, but I have noticed that i am starting to add up things, the way i behave and respond to things, makes more sense, once you know me...the citalopram seems to be piecing the jigsaw together...is this normal to think this?

Take car all of you!

Recommended music...Feist 1234

• Posted

Karen, what you said about feeling like you're plugged into an electric socket reminded me about feelings I had the last time I was ill.

I used to get these kind of buzzing feelings in my brain, like there was a mobile phone on vibrate buried inside my head and it would 'ring' periodically. There was no sound, just the feeling...

It freaked me out but my nurse told me it was a symptom of anxiety and I guess in my case she was right because it did subside and I forgot all about it until now.

I dont know if its the same thing that you've got - I want to put your mind at rest but of course I'm not a doctor so see how you get on and good luck!!

• Posted

Karen, what you said about feeling like you're plugged into an electric socket reminded me about feelings I had the last time I was ill.

I used to get these kind of buzzing feelings in my brain, like there was a mobile phone on vibrate buried inside my head and it would 'ring' periodically. There was no sound, just the feeling...

It freaked me out but my nurse told me it was a symptom of anxiety and I guess in my case she was right because it did subside and I forgot all about it until now.

I dont know if its the same thing that you've got - I want to put your mind at rest but of course I'm not a doctor so see how you get on and good luck!!

• Posted

jt2251 - Many thanks for your reply. I have been through a lot over the past year, problems with my son, my husband got a new job in the fire service which means he does 2 nights away, I don't like that, also moved house and a few other things. It could be stress, it is funny how stress shows it's ugly head. I have also get tight arround my collar bones, I wonder if I tense up and they get achey, yet another odd feeling - I really do feel odd and find it hard to describe the feelings. I do try and take headache tablets fpr the heead thing but they do no ever take away the feeling, does that mean it is not a headache but stress!? I am going back to the doctors and seeing a new face (sometimes better) on Monday so I will update on here. Thanks for your experience, it does so help, have a good eve, Karen x
  • Posted

Black Eyes - sorry to hear about your mum, I can imagine how your feeling, it is not your fault though, you can be there for your mum when she comes out of hospital, can't you talk to her in time about how your feeling / what your thinking, it can be hard but you shouldn't blame yourself for anything.

Anxiety, I really really really hope so. I know what you mean when you say about peope being sick of you, I just feel people get fed up of hearing my problems, it seems it is all I talk about, but really your close friend won't think that of you or minbe, so we should not worry any more than need be. You have got me and I am always up to listen and chat, Karenx

• Posted

Its old black eyes! Thank you Karen for your post. I have had my first good day...in what seems years. I played with my girls and we had such a laugh!!! It was sooo good to feel like I was me again!!! I have been taking this pill since the first week in July...and I am guilty of abusing alcohol to make myself feel better. My partner and I have our differences...to say the least.

Not unlike you ...when I first went for help, I had what felt like very sore achey arms...constant runs and feeling v nervous. I often worried about going outside...for numerous reasons, including a completely irrational one...about peaing myself!!! Now, well today I look back and think thank god Idont feel like that anymore. I also think I had a couple of migranes, pins and needles and headaches where I could not look at any kind of light! Panic attacks and palpataions when outside as well happen...these have not escaped me yet, but this may be due to other things that have happened! I am glad you are getting help. I too used to arrive at work and howl!!. I so needed a friend to talk to , I think I put my faith in the wrong people though, and then felt as if I had no one. I still feel nausea now from talking this pill....but I feel more in control...and I have to be, I have 2 beatiful cjildren to think of, and I am still in a v bad situation. The pill works though...sometimes I get the occassional suicidal thought,,, but they are like unrealistic imagerys now! I think this pill works for most! Keep up the good work and keep us all posted. This forum is really good and it seems to me that there are, afterall , alot of really goood people out there!!!

Take care, keep up the hard work! The side affects get better, but I cant get rid of the nausea, i think though that has a lot to do with appetite. Take care, karen...keep on going! You will get there! Katy

• Posted

Sorry Karen...I meant to ask you, do your head spasms...feel like a head shudder..its like you know when you get that thing up your spine and you shiver...when people say\"did someone walk over your grave?\", but its like it spreads up your ans and into your head?? Does it feel like that?
  • Posted

BlackEyes / Katy

yes it can feel like a shuddder bit as it feels very nervy is really makes you panic. I am not sure since taking the tablets - they are meant to relax the muscles, the feeling is heavy, I wish I could expalin more, I am more baffled mysrlf to be honest :-( It is hard to describe things don't you think.

The last 6 weeks I have been worried, so this makes you anxious and you start thinking things that make you sad, I wish they would go, because I worry this could be something else I have myself dead and burried, it is not good feeling liek that, I think thats is why I am down and not coping with things, I even bought a book a month ago so I could write in it incase I was not here, in the book I would write a to do list and stuff to keep my husband from going wrong with things, that isn't a good way of thinking, but when it is your head you can help it, we are only human and al sorts of things come into your thoughts. Even though the citalopram has relaxed me a bit, feeling like I can sit down and I don;t noramally, I still keep thinking there is somehting more wrong. Unless I have more symtoms wrong I won't get refered onto anyone else. But a constant head thing when you never had anything previoulsy, I always say we are all different and a doctor can't always follow guidelines. I could go on and on. Today I have not ate much, tried to have my tea but the want to eat was not there, so I guess my side effect is that, and the sicky thing for a few hours in the moring, it does pass after being up 2-3 hours, not nice though.

Hope your day has been a better one and you have a noce time with your wee ones, Karenx

• Posted

Hi Karen, how are you today?

I feel low ...again! I dont think I can do this...fix my situation...make myself feel happy!! I dont know what to do. Trying to get in touch with womens aid m but yet again no one is answering the phone!

Went to the bank , then heard this funny noise!

My mother is banging on the glass of a bus shelter...shouting...Katy and waving , like a hyped up chimpanzee, it was funny though....made me laugh.....waved...then laughed....then howled!!!

God...would someone just answer the phone.....are they allergic????

I know now though, that I certainly would not and could not do this without this pill....the only way i could describe it ,is like it has given me some back bone, more like a normal person than a squeaky wee mouse!!! V impatient though.

Answer the phone....

Anyway, hope you are feeling better soon!

Take care, Katy

• Posted

There we go...thank you!

Do you know what I am thinking.......I am only attracted to complete ba....s....ds!!!! People that are interested in me ,make me cringe!!!! Now I wish i had cringed a lot more!!!!!

• Posted

Just a quick update, now been 5 weeks since started the citalopram (for head spasms - sharp sudden pain - made me anxious). I had felt good some days and not so good others, then a few days I was well, no head spasms. For some odd reason they are back with a passion and mostly on the right side / near front of head, very freaky. I am rather fed up to be honest. The meds settled / side effects, the sickness did go after I'd say 5 days, often do get a sick feeling but as I am all over the place I don't know what is causing it. I really need to get back to the doctors, only app is a week on Monday. I'm very mixed up and confussed by it all and worry that something else is wrong with my head. Searched the internet dry - like you do. Can you tell I'm mixed up!!!! Karen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.