Confussed and Very nausea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started taking citalopram only two nights ago, the doctor said to take at night, this is for the treatment of being very anxious due due to having constant head spasms, it is really playing havock with my mental health and as you can imagine it is making me have not very good thoughts. I belive the medication will help the muscle relax and maybe I will get some sleep. I am very confussed to why these spasms started, stress, worry, I am so unsure? I know I am not the person I used to be a few years ago, but the spasms are driving me mad. The doctor said to me that in a few weeks I should be better and hopefully forget about the spasms, that confussed me. I am very aware they are there and with it being in my head I worry. Since taking two doses (20mg) each day I have gotten up and throughout the day just felt sick and have no appitite. It is now 3pm and I have not eaten anything, the thought of food, eee! I seem to be mixed up with taking the tablets, my head feeling totally alien and the sickness, everything.... Has anyone had this medication for a similar thing, and how about the sickness and no appitite? Thanks for reading, Karen

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

:cry: I am soo right!!! This man I am with someyimes makes me laugh, but most of the time I am a nervous wreck!!! I was having such a good day, despite some desperate news about an old friend of mine. yesterday, i managed to cope with all of it, but now it is like thunder and lightning.
  • Posted

Hi Karen, sorry I completely lost it last night. Sorry to hear about your head spasms. I think that if your doctor is right, then this med makes you go thro it all!!! It heightens, I think whatever, your anxiety is. I could be wrong, but thats what I think is happening to you. I hope that makes you feel a little bit more reassured. Take care, Tiny Tears. smile
  • Posted

Sorry, I did not explain myself properly. What i thinkis,it is just like any other illness, it has to get worse before it gets anyy better...does that make any sense? smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.