Conjunctivitis And What To Do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys,

For the past full week, I think I've been suffering from conjunctivitis. I was wondering how I can determine what type I have and if there's anything I can do/purchase for it.

-  I had a feeling as if something was in my left eye for a couple of days, but this has finally gone! cheesygrin

-  Both my left and right eyes seem to be a little tender and watery. They are a tiny bit sensetive to light but not by much at all. They are generally white but both with some blood shot areas.

- I have experienced no pain or loss of vision (Fingers Crossed!). I also have cold like symptoms such as a runny nose, varying temperture, watery eyes. But, I would say these are mild to minor. I've seen a small improvement since I got it a week a go and it's defintley got a tiny bit better. Should I give it another week before I see a doctor because it says to give it about two weeks to go away? Is it worth buying some eye drops from the pharmacist? And, what kind of conjunctivitis do I have?

Thanks so much for you're help! cool

Cheers.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Greetings Cammy9483.

cholrenphenicol ointment or drops are widely availed in pharmacies.

this brought spectrum medication should do the trick.

i suffer from conjunctivitis now and then and this works perfectly fine.

if your eye condition has not improved with using this,then you should visit your GP.

kind regards

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Kato. smile

That sounds like a great suggestion, I'll look in to these tomorrow! How long does it take yours to go away? I've had mine now for nine days pretty much. rolleyes

Thank you.

• Posted

Greetings dear Cammy9483.

on the odd occasion when I have had conjunctivitis,it usually clears with the chloramphenicol within two to three days.when taken this broad spectrum drug you must take it for the amount of days advised on the packaging to ensure the infection has completely cleared as re infection can occur easily.

isually the course is for 5 day s.

i hope you feel better soonest and yes you should have no problem purchasing this drug  from most chemists,as formerly it was only prescription only.

Take care and hope you are more comfortable soon.

kimd regards

• Posted

Hey Kato. Thanks for the advice about the eye drops.  cheesygrin

The chemist I went to see today recommeneded I try 'Bloodshot Eye Drops by Optrex'. The ingredients in this are: Naphazoline Hydrochloride and Hamamelis Virginiana.

Hopefully, these can do the trick!

Thanks so much for your kind words, it's much appreciated.

• Posted

Dear Cammy,

I am so sorry to hear about your continued discomfort.

chloramphenicol is actually an antibiotic and usually does the trick for conjunctivitis within two to three days.

please do see your GP as your symptoms could be related to a pysiological  issue with the eye that may cause infection....or a general virus etc.

Your GP may prescribe a more focused and stronger antibiotic cream,drops or refer you to an ophthalmologist...or evaluate for other causes.

oh Cammy I wish you well soonest.😌🌻🌻

take care and please let me know how you get on.

kind regards

kitekato

i hope you do let me know how you get on

• Posted

Dear Kitekato,

Thanks so much for your kind words!

I'm going to keep trying with the eye drops I got until the end of the weekend, then if everything is still the same, go back to the pharmacist and visit the doctor maybe.

It feels quite heavy in between my nose and just up to before the start of my head. I think I might have a virus or something that's causing all this but I'm not sure.  sad

It's so annoying though, I just wish it would go!  frown

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it, I'll let you know how I get on!

Best wishes,

Cammy  cool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.