Consistently sub clinically hypothyroid...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

​I've had three blood tests done over the last year or so and each time my TSH has been in the 6-7 range and Free T4 in the lower end of the range around 13 (in a 12-22 pmol/l) Free T3 in the middle of range and Total T4 at 80 or so at the lower range end (64-142 nmol/l). Antibodies virtually not there.

The endo I saw suggested trying 25mg of levo to see if my now permanent symptoms were eased but my GP wasn't happy about doing this.

​I'm not asking for any medical opinions but is it possible this "sub clinical" hypothyroidism can really wreak such havoc with my life? Dizziness, foggy head, tiredness etc etc. Some days like today I can't do much at all, others I can function, others I'm ok aside the constant hangover from hell feeling. My temperature is running 1.5c below normal but the endo said this wasn't clinical evidence of anything. And to be fair I don't suffer cold extremities.

​I'm a 53 yr old male if that means anything!

​Thanks for any thoughts.

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Chris

I had low TSH about 4-5 and I got a therapeutic dose of Levi 25mcg, I was transformed very quickly and had all the symptoms that you have, My GP did not want to medicate me but lucky for me I saw a doctor who was leaving the practice and he subscribed for me before he left.

Definately does massiveley improve things and I would push for it if I was you.

Good Lucksmile

Rose

• Posted

Thanks Rose, that's very positive, thanks for taking the trouble to post.

• Posted

My tsh was 0.12. What does that mean? 

Have you got any antibodies? Hope you don't mind my asking ?

• Posted

Hi yorkrose

You wrote that your tsh was low being 4 -5. I am puzzled because mine is 9.12. That is considered low.

Hope you don't mind my asking?

Are you in the UK ?

• Posted

Hi Rose sorry I meant to type that my tsh was 0.12. I thought that that was considered to be low. You wrote that your tsh was 4 - 5 and was low. I feel very puzzled at this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.