Constant Abdominal Discomfort For 2 Months (Not that painful, more annoying)

Posted , 16 users are following.

or the past 1 3/4 months i have been suffering with a annoying discomfort pain in my upper abdominal, it's like 2/10 on the pain level. I have no other symptoms... Bowels are fine and everything, one thing i do get when i don't drink enough water is a burning sensation in my urine, i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it (my dr does not think so) also, i have had multiple blood test (both came back fine) and i have had a abdominal ultrascan (looking for gallstones, abnormalities etc) and that came back clear.

I guess, i'm just confused to what this could be, my doctor seems to think it's anxiety etc, but can anxiety really cause this pain for this long? oh, also i have tried buscopan and that has not really worked at all, so i think i might be able to rule out IBS?

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello guys. ive been experiencing a not so painful but so irritating stomach problem. i always get this bubbly angry acidic sound like in my stomach. i always get the feeling of getting hungry all the time when my stomach makes sounds. my mouth also has this sour or bitter taste. it started last april 24,2015 until now may 21,2015. ive gotten some exams from my doctor like CBC, FBS, stool exam and an whole abdominal ultra sound but all of my tests are all fine. (i have a non-obstructive kidney stone though)

the pain caused is 2/10 if i rate it. but it disturbs me a lot. ive been taking a lot of medicine but none worked totally. it only decreased the pain a little.

• Posted

Hi Joshua

I just found this discussion and I am having the exact same symptoms as you

It’s  been over two month now , started with a general discomfort but now it’s getting quite painful, a very dull sour persisting pain, and recently it radiates to the back as well.

Had an MRI and it all came back normal, now I’m waiting for an upper endoscopy

I must add that i have bad and good days but the pain is always there,

What was the end of your story? How did you get rid of your pain?

And if you can please describe what kind of pain did you experience?

Many thanks

Any reassurance is appreciated

• Posted

Mike,

I see your post is recent.  Any answers on your end?  I am going through the exact same thing and am very frustrated as to what is causing this.

• Posted

Never found out what it is, my doc said it is Functional dyspepsia. However i started taking again Omeprazole and it seems to be helping.

Good luck

• Posted

Hello all. I got the same symptoms. Pain in stomach. Diahorrea nearly everyday. Stool test ok. Are you ok now? What did you do? Help please. Thanks.
  • Posted

I just found this discussion because I am going through the same thing. It started with a slight pain around the solar plexus area that comes and goes for the past month. Now I have been nauseous for the past 3 days. I wake up feeling nauseous and it lasts the whole day. I have already had tests this year and everything is fine. I have been on omeprezole or some form or another of this type of medication for over 20 years for my acid reflux. So I know it is not that. It is slightly different than my acid reflux. I drink about 84 ounces of water per day so I know it is not that. I do drink wine but have been unable to do so for the past 3 days due to this nausea. I don't know what to do for it anymore.

• Posted

It might help to look into seeing a doctor about having an endoscopy done. I've been having similar symptoms and was recently diagnosed with having H. pylori, which is a bacteria that can cause an increase of acid production and make you feel nauseous, as well as cause ulcers.

It can be diagnosed in a couple of different ways but I tested negative when I had the blood test done and after the endoscopy they determined that I DO have it.

• Posted

Thanks for replying, Elise. I had an endoscopy done in July. But this was prior to these symptoms. At the time I had the endoscopy done, I was having major pain and acid in my stomach the result was I was fine, but I had to stop taking Naproxen which I had been taking daily for back pain. I may just have to go back to my doctor and see what he can do. I don't think my insurance would pay for another endoscopy however.

• Posted

Talking to your doctor is probably your best bet. Sucks that your insurance won't cover another endoscopy, but there are still other tests they can try.

Hope you find out what's going on soon so you can get treatment for it!

• Posted

Hi,I've got anxiety as well and i have these pains (mainly on the left side of my stomach) im having blood test as well so hopefully i could get treatment if needed. Hope everything is okay now though.

• Posted

Hi Joshua,

I have similar symptoms as you told above,, it started with severe pain in stomach the first day, i saw my doctor, He prescribed the medicines and after 14 days it disappeared , but soon it appeared again and continuous for 2 months now, Pain is very mild. i am not able to locate the pain exactly, but its in the right side of my abdominal area. sometimes i feel pain in back ( right side ).

i feel some swelling also on my tummy

Guys please advise

• Posted

Very old blog Jag, start a new one and people will reply.  Only saw this one due to still being linked in. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.