Constant aches and pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone with anxiety have constant aches and pains everyday..especially back pain both upper and lower back and neck stiffness..muscle tension shoulders..and constant chest discomfort sometimes pain everyday?is it normal anxiety symptoms?I have anxiety over my heart and went for 2 ecgs..docs says fine..everything else is Okey. .when for blood test and all those routine test..came fine..docs say anxiety causing the pain..husband says I'm very young so nothing to sorry..I'm 23,normal lifestyle..don't smoke or drink. .had a baby 18 mths ago after which I had post natal blues..and it's eventually went away on its own..now I always feel funny sensations around my heart area. .throbbing sometimes wave like sensations that will come aND go..sharp pain on my back,ribs an ld left side..docs says no problem..now my biggest worry is the chest tightness and soreness almost all the time..

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Those are all normal symptops of anxiety. I would check out postpartum anxiety. Sometimes it's not just the blues you have. I never realized I was anxious either.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply..for me during labour I thought I couldn't make it so I had thoughts of dying and leaving my baby without a mom..then when I survived,I didn't like it when people carry my son and playing with him too much. .I thought everyone wants me dead so they can take the baby and give themselves credit for it..I thought they wanna take my son away from me etc..so I cried a lot and I literally locked myself in the room with my son a lot I dont want to get close to him..I thought he won't recognize me and won't love me as his mom..then eventually I was Okey when he reached 1 yr old..then I heard of a young guys who died of heart attack and then it started my health anxiety. .
    • Posted

Obsessive thinking is what is causing your anxiety. I am no doctor or medical professional and did not experience any sort of postpartum but I would recommend that your right down your fears and also write worst case scenarios, and how likely is it to happen. Changing the cycle of how you think it's hard. Have you seen therapist to help you work through some of your fears?
    • Posted

I agree with the obsessive thoughts..but the physical symptoms literally make me believe 100 time over that my thoughts are true and real..my most disturbing feeling is the weird sensations around my heart and chest tightness and discomfort all the time. I can't stop thinking of impeding death
  • Posted

Hi yes I get this every day it's driving me insane I'm in constant pain all the time! My anxiety also started when I had my first son nearly 11 years ago I now have 4 children! I feel around 50 and I'm only 28!
    • Posted

Hey hi5! I just told my husband the way I think it's like as if I'm 60..where do you get your aches and pain?if you don't mind describing..thanks
    • Posted

Well initially I don't. ..after I had my son..due to the post partum I insist on doind everything for the baby..so I hardly had time to rest ..and then I had insomnia for no reasons for months..cause I'm a home maker so I will only get to sleep when my husband wakes up to go to work every morning..I disn't think much about it though..
  • Posted

Very normal all things considered. If all the tests came back ok then in theory it is just the anxiety you need to worry about. I've had back aches, spasms, upset stomach, stiff neck, pain and pressure in my chest, heart palpitations the whole deal. You'll be fine. You just need to learn to cope with the anxiety. Most people on here seem to feel medication (anti-depressants etc) work. 

Focus on diet, cut out or limit sugar, caffeine or anything you feel might be contributing to your anxiety. Research anxiety, find out what it is and how it affects your body. Sometimes understanding it and why you are feeling what you do helps a bit.

All the best

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. .I will try..it's just that the what ifs of my mind has no ending. .Ifor I believe it's anxiety than my mind will start to think if the docs did a mistake or if the test werent sufficient enough etc..what if I ignore a symptom of a real health issue that can cause death..all those things keep playing in my head and fuels the fear..
    • Posted

Your concerns are also normal. In fact you need to be careful as sometimes worrying about the anxiety can cause you to experience anxiety. 

I've been for so many tests as like you I have often wondered whether the doctors made a mistake etc. Every time the tests say I'm fine even though sometimes I am having anxiety while the tests are being performed. It is a horrible condition to have unfortunately it just takes time to learn to cope, manage and deal with it.

I've had it for over 4 years and I am still trying to figure it all out. My advice, stop worrying. You have enough to deal with.

• Posted

Thanks. .I will try that...really appreciate your advice☺
    • Posted

I agree with Coreza 100%. Understanding the physical affects anxiety has on your body is important. You have to learn to relax your anxious mind and body:

1. Get 8 hours of sleep

I stop what I'm doing at 930 every night to be asleep by 10. (I get up at 6)

2. I practice breathing and focusing only on breathing for a few min in bed even if I'm not anxious.

3. Take a magnesium supplement.

I take 1 pill after my even I no meal

Sometimes I take an epsom salt bath

4. Get active

Take a walk, ride a bike, go to the gym

5. Eliminate Caffeine

This was a hard one for me. I actually went through withdrawls. I have tea a couple times a week but always before 6 at night

6. Eat more fresh and unprocessed food

• Posted

Thanks for the kind advice..really appreciate it..now I'm experiencing a sharp sensation that comes and goes on my left side right just above my ribs..of cause I'm thinking it's my heart. .but Imy trying to not freak out about it
    • Posted

Tiffany makes a lot of good points. With regards to the caffeine and sugar I was a Coca Cola addict. I drank nothing else for almost 20 years. When I went cold turkey I started getting additional symptoms like cold sweats, mild shaking, headaches etc. 

One thing to consider which might be helpful.

If you were walking down a dark alley and some large scary looking character was coming towards you with a knife how would you feel? You would feel anxiety right? That is normal because the situation demands it and your body is preparing you for fight or flight. After the incident you slowly calm down and it all makes sense.

The anxiety you are experiencing is no different, your body(for some reason) is pumping you full of adrenaline in order to deal with a perceived threat. The problem is that there is no threat, at least none you can recognise, and because it doesn't make sense to you, you get freaked out.

• Posted

I get muscle spams in my chest and stomach. My chest muscles pulse on their own...very scary at first but amusing now wink I get pins and needles, mild shocks running down my body...it is all very bizarre but "apparently" very normal.

Be happy be calm and enjoy your life wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.