Constant aches and pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone with anxiety have constant aches and pains everyday..especially back pain both upper and lower back and neck stiffness..muscle tension shoulders..and constant chest discomfort sometimes pain everyday?is it normal anxiety symptoms?I have anxiety over my heart and went for 2 ecgs..docs says fine..everything else is Okey. .when for blood test and all those routine test..came fine..docs say anxiety causing the pain..husband says I'm very young so nothing to sorry..I'm 23,normal lifestyle..don't smoke or drink. .had a baby 18 mths ago after which I had post natal blues..and it's eventually went away on its own..now I always feel funny sensations around my heart area. .throbbing sometimes wave like sensations that will come aND go..sharp pain on my back,ribs an ld left side..docs says no problem..now my biggest worry is the chest tightness and soreness almost all the time..

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My pains are literally everywhere! My neck back and arms are especially bad and my legs really ache
    • Posted

Me too...mine is my whole back. I wouldn't describe mine ands chest pain..more of discomfort..like soreness feeling right at the centre of my chest. .it's very disturbing. .after I have a meal,I feel like vomiting and bloated..
    • Posted

When I'm anxious or highly stressed my neck and upper back get very tense and achy. My hands also tingle. I recognize it for what it is, and I don't fight it, analyze it. I just operate in an anxious state until it passes. I don't change what I'm doing at that moment. It's like I operate beside it. I find that it passes.
    • Posted

Ya I agree with you it definitely passes but the next point of time the feeling come again it just makes me think all over again of impeding doom..
    • Posted

Oh yes I forgot the cold sweaty palms and the tingling sensations. I get them all the time. I also suffer from tight shoulders and neck. Not nice but like you say, it does pass.
    • Posted

If you are in a place where you can do this.... lay down on the bed, close your eyes and breath deeply. Don't avoid the thoughts of impending doom. Say okay, I thought that last week, and I'm still here, and I thought that yesterday and I'm still here and everything is okay. Mentally laugh at your fear. Even if you don't believe it right now.
  • Posted

YES to everything you say!!!
    • Posted

I just did a 3Rd ecg which came out fine..sigh..I just had a mini panic attack where my head sudden feels dizzy and feel the urge to go toilet..inner trembling and sweats..how do I convince myself I'm not gonna die of a heart attack?
    • Posted

You can convince yourself because you are not going to die. Don't let the anxiety win. Get mad at it. Take charge and visualize beating it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.