Constant adrenaline cant sit still!!!!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi again ladies

I am over a year no period was in peri ten years.

I feel like ive got constant adrenaline.

Feel like im having a breakdown.

I just dont know what to do with myself.

Hot flushes and sweats are in full force.

I thought peri was hell but this is even worse if thats possible.

Im losing hope of ever feeling good again.

Im not on meds or hrt.

Please someone tell me this awful uneasy wired feeling passes.

Ive had it before but its not lasted as long as this.

Please help x

2 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It's terrible isn't it for me the worst was the anxiety and depression at first, but I'm on AD so feel so much better now, still get nervy days but better, I had terrible dizziness and sweats at first but don't get them as much now so think it was all related to anxiousness X

• Posted

So now ive googled constant adrenaline and it says an adrenal gland tumour.

Im seriously driving myself crazy!!!!!

• Posted

its s**t .... anxiety panic ,, i have baths/ massage  am on natropath  medication .. i feel like i am mental ,,,
    • Posted

What medicaine are you on, I have tried lots seeing a psychiatrist September, hoping he can help, feed up on this buzzing treamberling, blocked ears,
    • Posted

Yep me too

Spoke to my doctor about possible adrenal gland tumour( because ive now convinced nyself thats what have)

Health anxiety in overdrive!!!!

He said if it was that i would have very high blood pressure and pulse.

Which i dont all very normal i check it every day.

Im post meno now and like i say i thougbt my 10 years of peri was hell.

This is even worse never thought that was possible.

He did say the trembly adrenalin feeling could be a symptom of my ovaries shutting down. X

• Posted

Michelle

I dont like to post this..because im trying to be supportive, but yes..

peri was for me atleast, a cake walk compared to menopause.

I had all of the health anxiety in my 40's (and still do), but now because everything is shutting down, 

its affected the moods, and nerves. 

Basically when i had estrogen, i was sane, now that ive lost it all, i dont have that emotional stability to fall back on. Its purely physiological, and that is also why our adrenals are being taxed, because they are working in overdrive.

When you look at it this way, you can see that its ALL TIED TOGETHER.

I 100% am living and breathing what you are going through, maybe worse who knows..i know its pretty bad for me. my good moments are so few now, never days..just moments sometimes in the evening..

x0x0x

• Posted

Yes for me too .... the evenings are better .. sometimes I feel like staying up all night so that I don’t have to wake up with the dark depression .
  • Posted

I feel you, I was on hrt have now gone back on it I’m 61 the constant anxiety is awful it’s a vicious circle palpitations , sweats I’m also on tablets for the anxiety and a sleeping pill which I’m trying to come off steadily . If I didn’t get something for it I’m sure the men in white coats would be fetching me 🤪 This hormone stuff sucks 😫

• Posted

Are you on any antidepressant s I have gone on hormone gell, day 5, what are you on
    • Posted

I’m on Citalopram 10 mg because the anxiety was so bad I’m also on diazepam 2 mg and I’ve been on a sleeping tablet which  I’m cutting down slowly . My doctor also told me to go back on hrt . I was fine till my periods  stopped, them bang no sleep and anxiety and panic attacks .  I got off the pills except Citalopram and hrt . Was great for the next 6 years very gradually came off the hrt the last one I took was April . Had a few hot flushes and slight sweats in the night . 3 weeks ago the symptoms came back with a vengeance starting with palpitations and flutters had ecgs blood tests all normal . My doctor has been amazing has she is also going through the menopause. Hate having to take the tablets hopefully when the hrt kicks in I’ve only been back on it two weeks . It’s Estradiol 1 mg . 
    • Posted

Hi Diane I am 63 was fine through the menopause then it all kicked off panic attacks anxiety constant - I took fluoxetine for a year before it did it's job properly life was great when you have experienced anxiety when it goes life is amazing so happy and content then 18 months ago it all came back been back on fluoxetine 20mg for 9 months still waiting for it to help I know it took a long time before so I hope that it will all come good it's so hard the simple things I enjoyed before reading resting relaxing with family are now hard to do I am bugged by anxiety thoughts it's v hard to get out of the circle that we seem to get sucked into my love to all of us who are suffering one day life will be good again

• Posted

panic and anxiey i suffer everyday and dizzness now i am told i have imflammation poor liver function ... great !
    • Posted

oh yes and black circles under the eyes bags
    • Posted

Hi fiona

Ive also been told ive got a fatty liver.

Dont drink or smoke fairly active perfect weight for my height.

No rhyme or reason to it.

Im just telling myself now that when im over this hormone mess it will settle down.

Thats how i have to think right now x

• Posted

Im starting to practice mindfullness and mediatation.

I pray a lot. I keep telling myself i cannot let anxiety keep lying to me.

Ive got to ignore the body sensations and keep myself calm and away from stressfull situations as nuch as possible.

Easier said than done i know.

Im still bot on any HRT or meds x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.