Constant Anxiety and I Don't Know How to Deal With it

Posted , 6 users are following.

Going out makes me feel anxious the whole time I'm out and also when I am back home. Walking and being outside makes me dizzy. The worst part is that while I'm dizzy there are these constant thoughts that worry about me fainting and then what would happen to me, what if this suffocating feeling gets worse and I end up clawing at my throats in front of people like mad man. Whenever this happens I go home with this feeling of hopelessness and sadness that I might be like this for a looong time and that's a very depressing thought. It's just that I can feel like this the whole day and I cannot get rid of the thoughts of what would happen if I can't breathe and faint while I'm outside in front of all this people. My family isn't here with me so I'm pretty much alone which makes me worry more that if something bad happens no one can help me.

HOW DO I GET RID OF THESE THOUGHTS?!

They keep buzzing around in my head all day.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I forgot to tell you some of the biggest anxiety provokers are sugar, caffiene, and sodas as well as fried foods. There, you have a start.
    • Posted

I am positive that many more people will read this post today, and others will be rooting for Fowldays.
    • Posted

I've been cutting out fast food including sugary drinks and sodas. I've eaten lesser and lesser outside. I've been cooking more at home.

• Posted

Good for you. I have just recently started cooking in a lot and already feel the difference. Sounds like you are heading in the right directions. I'm sure your body is glad you are making these changes. Another thing I've noticed over the years is that being on my own, there are times I need a hug. If there's anyone around I ask for one...even from my counselor and doctor. If no one is around, I hug myself, rub my arms, pat my face and tell my body it is doing a good job. I won't go into the proofs that this works, but believe me it can be miraculously wonderful for everyone, but expecially for people living alone.

• Posted

When I was a little girl and sometimes now I would get scared.  I would say to myself God is watching and will take care of me.  It calmed me and I was able to deal with it.  I'm not a religious fanactic..it just helped me.  Also, think of something you could take with you outside that would make you feel safe.  I hated driving over this huge bridge with only two lanes hauling horses.  My husband would not go with me.  Finally I got United Rider insurance.  They come out and will haul your truck and horses if you break dow.  My real problem was I was by myself and " what if's " kept me from going.  I still hate the bridge and have strange thought about gouing off it, but I can deal with it.  I still talk to God outloud and really follow my gut instincts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.