Constant bladder pressure

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

New to this my problem has been on and off for 3 yrs been tho usual tests always come back all ok

I have constant feeling like i need to urinate and bladder pressure taking all the regular meds Doctors throw at me but cant seem to get to the bottom of this

Its a lonely place to be with this horrible feeling i do find it hard to cope and get any understanding of whats going on and why 😔

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

HI Karen, i feel ur pain it makes me so upset that we have these kinds of problems and nothing and nobody can help.

i had a cycstoscopy, urethra dilation and biopsy a week ago and was in so much pain for 1 week, i went to the drs who said i had an infection and he gave me antibiotics which have helped slightly but im still burning when going to toilet! also the symtoms that i had before seem to be coming back. I must admit in February this year i had water retention for which injad to have a catherter in for 9 days after having it removed, it was the first time in 9 years that i had a wee with out any pain or discomfort it was all fantastic for abt 6 weeks the the symtoms started returning, the consultant that did my procedure insisted that i had it done again even though i had the procedure twice before and it never worked, if there is anything you can advice me would be most appreciated

thanks

Bal

• Posted

Hi Bal

Its horrible having this have you tried the bicarb of soda in water in warm water? to help with the burn that susan suggested i dont suffer with burning when i wee

Or maybe long term antibiotics in case low grade infection maybe

Let me know how you get on

karen

• Posted

Do you have pelvic pain?

That is a real indicator of IC. Check out the Interstitial Cystitis Network. It is a very helpful place and very informational as to "do I have IC or not?"

• Posted

Thank you for your reply

I do have pain in my lower pelvic region like my bladder is throbbing making it feel like i need to go all the time..Also experiencing some burning and stabbing when i go which hangs around had urine check no infection on second lot of nitro anitibotics even tho do nothing

Have rigid cystoscopy last year said No IC

Found Doctors and specalists not very helpful or helpful with any treatments been up since 3 this morning with discomfort.

Its where and what to do next without a diagnosis cant seem to get any help from them.

I feel lost with it all and trying to cope with how bad is it going to be each day 😢

• Posted

hi Karen, i am still waiting on my biopsy results. im still burning slightly when im weeing. i have requested my records frim the hospital and am thinking of going private for a second opinion. there is a bladder clinic in Birmingham.

• Posted

i have gone private so far theres not much help other than weve found out from each other here. i have just finished another nitrofurentoin round and sample is clear. frequency still here but not as bad.

• Posted

Hi

I also am thinking of trying there as nothing local to me and losing faith in the NHS

my symptoms seem to have changed and experiencing burning now when i wee but they say no infection just furnished 10 days of nitro but did nothing thats my second lot this month as they said i did have white blood cells and blood in urine which indicated infection but urine clear now ok for them to say that 😡

Also going to try pelvic floor therapist to see if any help

Had awful day yesterday spent most if it taking pills in bed trying to get some relief

Thank you for reply

let me know how you get on?

its good that other people understand how we feel.

• Posted

hi karen i read abt these tablets in the newspaper for bladder control

biovit miracle cranberry tablets, these are drug free, im thinking of ordering some

• Posted

Hi

Not heard of them but anything it worth a try.

Im feel im taking to many drugs from Doctor that dont seem to be working.

Have tryed Azo which seem to help with burning a little.

Let me know if have any sucess

where are in terms of help from your GP

I think its awful that we have to be forced to seek private help to get anywhere do you have any specalist bladder hospitals near you ?

• Posted

hi

yes we have a bladder clinic in birmingham so i will booking an appt to go and see someone i was just waiting fir my hospital reports

• Posted

Hi

At this rate i might have to travel there to get some answers or treatment

i cant continue the way i am.

Not getting anywhere here

• Posted

Hi karen

i have received my hospital report just waiting for biopsy results, then will be arranging appt with the bladder clinic.

• Posted

Hi

Let me know how you get on I'm waiting to go into hospital beginning of July

• Posted

i have awful bladder irritation like nerve endings and frequency mainly in night. all after e coli uti which is clear but ssymptoms still there. what is next step, what will you have done at hospital. will it help

• Posted

is there nothing ur doctor as advised u with??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.