Constant head pressure in the temples and eyes

Posted , 89 users are following.

I have had pain and pressure in my eyes and temples for almost a year now. My face feels fuzzy and tingly and I feel woozy a lot of the time. Nothing takes the pain away when it is really bad. Tried Tylenol 3's and oxycocet with no relief. The only thing that helped with the intensity of the pain was Inderal (Proponolol) which is a migraine prophylactic or a high blood pressure medication. It relaxes the blood vessels. Even on the medication I had times when I still felt woozy and my face felt fuzzy and tingly. I went off the Inderal for a while as it also impacted my Gastroparesis and I am trying Flunarizine another migraine medication but not having much luck. I still have the constant pain and pressure in my temples and eyes on both sides. MRI on the neck and head were both normal. Really frustrated as I feel awful pretty much every day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

6 likes, 144 replies

144 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey, I can say I feel for you and I understand. I have had a headache/pressure in my head for over a year and a half now. I have been to 13 doctors, tried numerous medications. Nothing seems to help. It is 24/7. Some days I feel like I am going to lose my mind. It is constant by my temples and around eyes/forehead. I also get other additional headaches each day. Hard to explain but the pressure in eyes and temples is constant then I either have what fees like a migraine in addition or shooting pain as/throbbing etc. can I ask, do you have anxiety??
    • Posted

You have described precisely what I have been experiencing for 9 months. Did you ever find a solution?
    • Posted

I too am suffering  neck pain thoyght ut was a kink but it's affecting my rite side of the temple with a constant throbbing pain along with eye pain followed by pressure which generated to my nose and feel as if pressure is building up it's driving me insane went to the ER  they did a ct scan and doctors said everything looks normal ugh! It's fustrating to deal with these symptoms and NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP 

• Posted

Have you tried going to a Neurologist? It feels like youve been showing Migraine or Cluster headache symptoms! Consider going to one.
    • Posted

Hi, thank you for your advice, yah my GP referred me to neurologist appointment on the 1st March 2018.

You know what I had Neck, ear and brim MRI all normle. All blood test normle as well.

But my dizziness settled now is just head and my sinusitis is bad, I cannot sleep night be cause of all that.

I will let you know once I have everything done.

Take care.

Sab

• Posted

Hi erica,, i have the same thing, feels like a light mabd around my head especially  left side temple area, towards night pressure like feels building up in the top head center area almost reaches a climax pressure like feeling without pain like some thing is going to give or burst in my head and goes away, freaks me out, first time i experienced it i rushed my self to er did regular cat scan, normal, same thing happened next night , went again to er , did cat scan with contrast on head and neck, was normal, i have a neurologist appointment in 2 weeks, they may do mri, not sure whats going on, my psychologist also diagnosed me with sleep deprivation and stress and anxiety, i have that but i think this is related otherwise, do you take blood pressure meds,  is it possible that may be a reason, i take lisinopril bp meds for high blood pressure. If you do find a cause please do share. thanks. hope you feeling well.
    • Posted

It stinks to have symptoms instead of taking care of whatever needs taking care of in one's life.  Being/feeling crazy, and having debilitating symptoms, usually doesn't really work for anyone.  Certainly not for me.

• Posted

I'm so sorry other what you are going through!!!

You should try Ultimate PAIN Fighter it has gotten rid of my headaches faster than anything else!!!!!!!

I suffered for years with migraines and headaches and now whenever I feel a headache coming on I put on UPF and it relieves it usually in less that 5 minutes!!! NOTHING has ever worked that fast for me!!!!! The best part is there's no drugs in it so no weird side affects You just gotta try it it's awesome!!!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I can relate to your problems. The only anxiety I have is dealing with this head, prior to that I was fine. I have had a constant throbbing in my left eye for years now which I could cope with. This new problem is much worse. Sometimes the pain and pressure isn't too bad but the tingling and fuzzy and woozy feeling is worse. The only relief I get from it all is sleeping. When I wake up in the morning, the pressure seems worse so I have to get up. When the pain and pressure is worse, nothing takes it away. I have another appointment with the neurologist the middle of May and an appointment at a headache clinic the end of May so I am trying to hang in there until then. I think my family doctor is tired of seeing me. I don't think he believes that it is as bad as I say it is. Do you have the same problem with the doctors you have seen? I am from Ontario, Candada. Is it the same where you live?
    • Posted

How are you now Lyn? 

I Have had this problem for five years. I am taking Amitriptyline and it has helped but the feeling is never totally away. Having a bad spel just now that is why I looked this up on the computer. 

• Posted

Mu 94900, is there nothing that the doctors can/will do to treat this condition? I just recently started having these symptoms and started to get very worried. I have a preexisting heart condition and the the last 3 years have had some on and off health issues but last week was the first time I felt this. My head is in constant pain from the pressure and it feels like it could explode at any time. I like many others here have the symptoms come and go and change frequently depending on the time of the day. Anyways, I hope that my doctors can find some relief as this is very draining on the body and I'm only 1 week into getting this way.

• Posted

I have the same feeling, like the pressure builds at times like it is going to climax and explode, I have to stand up and hold my head tight enough , feels like something is going to give in my head , fear that I will die any moment when happens. I still got an appointment with a nuerroligist in 3 weeks. Please let me know if they diagnos your problem.

• Posted

You should try Ultimate PAIN Fighter it has gotten rid of my headaches faster than anything else!!!!!!!

I suffered for years with migraines and headaches and now whenever I feel a headache coming on I put on UPF and it relieves it usually in less that 5 minutes!!! NOTHING has ever worked that fast for me!!!!! The best part is there's no drugs in it so no weird side affects You just gotta try it it's awesome!!!

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.