Constant head pressure in the temples and eyes

Posted , 89 users are following.

I have had pain and pressure in my eyes and temples for almost a year now. My face feels fuzzy and tingly and I feel woozy a lot of the time. Nothing takes the pain away when it is really bad. Tried Tylenol 3's and oxycocet with no relief. The only thing that helped with the intensity of the pain was Inderal (Proponolol) which is a migraine prophylactic or a high blood pressure medication. It relaxes the blood vessels. Even on the medication I had times when I still felt woozy and my face felt fuzzy and tingly. I went off the Inderal for a while as it also impacted my Gastroparesis and I am trying Flunarizine another migraine medication but not having much luck. I still have the constant pain and pressure in my temples and eyes on both sides. MRI on the neck and head were both normal. Really frustrated as I feel awful pretty much every day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

6 likes, 144 replies

144 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Lynn.

I have been researching this condition for about a year now and I'm pretty sure I have found the answer.

Your problem could well be that your sphenoid sinus cavity is blocked. Sphenoid sinusitus is very different from usual sinusitus. Symptoms are pressure felt in the head, worse when bending or leaning forward, pain behind the eyes, headaches and a feeling of light headedness or dizziness.

I believe scans are often deemed normal when they look clogged as doctors need to see a high level of fluid or swelling. I'm currently trying to collect people's scans so I can compare them to see if they look the same. Already done this with 2 scans and both show a lot of clogging but were deemed normal.

I have set up an Email Group for sufferers of this and hope to solve this mystery once and for all and get people fixed.

• Posted

Thanks for your input. I will look into it. Yes, all my scans are "normal" but I feel anything but normal. The hard part is that my symptoms are not consistent, they vary from day to day, sometimes hour to hour. Please keep me up to date if you find anything else.

i appreciate all the help and support I can get. I can't remember the last time I felt well and it is very frustrating trying to convey that to the doctors who don't believe I feel as awful as I do, pretty much every day.

thanks again.

lynn

• Posted

If any new information is available please share. I've been dealing with all of these symptoms for over a year now and seen multiple doctors and nothing has helped so far. So frustrated at this point.

• Posted

You have described precisely what I have been dealing with for 9 months. In fact, despite significant efforts to find a discussion that is on point, i have not found anything on point, until now. Can you please tell me how I can join your discussion? Thanks!
    • Posted

I am very interested in hearing more about this research and to see if anyone has found relief. I found out not to long ago that I have hypothyroidism and the terrible headaches, the pressure in the eyes and the head, and so on has started along with it. They thought I had a pituitary tumor because the pressure is so bad where your pituitary gland is located and in my head. I had an MRI done on it and they said it is swollen but no growth was found. This form got me wondering if it is maybe the pressure from the swollen pituitary gland on the sphenoid sinus cavity causing all the pain and pressure? I would love to hear more thoughts and results!
    • Posted

Hi, not sure how long you posted this but lm going through the same issues. I think it has something to do with my sphenoids. My CT scan last week came out normal. And l feel pressure on my head sometimes, forehead... minor on cheeks. Also lots pf pressure on temples and behind my eyes. I get scared when is really bad. I live in houston Texas USA. Inneed help. it all started 2 months ago with severe headaches, dizziness and after 10 days of dizziness and imbalance the headaches started. I dont know what to do anymore. I went to 7-8 doctors (brain MRI, ct scan of sinus, ultrasound of eyes, bloodwork, etc) all normal!!! What should l do!!???
    • Posted

I also suffer from all of these symptoms after a bad sinus infection & sinus surgery. Please keep me posted on your research. I am in desperate need of relief. If it helps I live in the Chicago land area & I am a master automotive technician for 20+yrs. I have really been thinking of relocating to another climate like Arizona just to see if it helps.

• Posted

Hi - l have done eyes exams, including one today again due to my headaches on my temples and pressure behind my eyes. The dizziness and imbalance stopped although sometimes l feel minor lightheadedness. I even went to as far as getting rid of all my silver amalgams for white fillings (about 7-8) as amalgams contain 50% mercury and mercury causes anxiety, headaches, migraines, etc. I can tell you that my headaches reduced dramatically as soon as l did that. Sometimes l get headaches on my temples area (like yesterday) but before my amalgams removals, headaches were everyday in my head, temples, forehead, all over and everyday. Im still on my search on this temple once a while headaches. I must be 100% as before. Now l am a lot better, muchhhh better but l want to be 100% again.
    • Posted

Did you confirm sphenoid sinus issues. I have had temple pressure for 8 months. I thought it was my sinuses but both Ct scans and MRI is clear. Please let me know what you have found out. 

Ambra. 

• Posted

i have had some relief on the left side of my face after having a tube put in my left ear and my end doctor said he could not explain it, he said that should not have stopped the pain in my eye
    • Posted

Hi, I'm a sufferer of this head pressure too and would like to join the email group for any helpful information. Thanks.

Dee

• Posted

I’d like to be added to the email group please.
    • Posted

Hi, please let me know what did found out from all your searches.

I am still suffering from head pressures and my sinusitis is worst and affecting my ears.

Last brain MRI showing mastoiditis air cell and that's probably what causing my dizziness.

Please let me as well as sent me group email.

Thanks 

Sab 

• Posted

new56862, your post was a life saver. I too have spent 6 weeks with full time awful headaches and feeling like a vice grip was on my head after a very bad time with the flu. I went to doctors, optometrists, chiropractors, medical massage therapist, used all OTC drugs along with prescribed butal/acetaminophen, a shot of Toradol, all were no help. My CT scan was normal too.

I googled your suggestion of Sphenoid sinusitis, I had been told by pharmacists to take Flonase and that the pressure was mucus, I didnt believe them. I didnt have a stuffy nose or any of the normal signs of mucus, just a very bad headache that wouldnt budge. I took the nasal spray Fluticasone Proionate (flonase) last night and Sumatriptan (Imitrex) and I am already feeling much better. Thank you for your post, it was a very good suggestion.

• Posted

Have you yet figured out the problem I am desperate to find out what is the cause, not sure if this message will get to your regular email, if you do get this please let m know the results you concluded. Thanks.
    • Posted

Hi did you overcome this? I have all the same symptoms. sad
    • Posted

I'm so sorry other what you are going through!!!

You should try Ultimate PAIN Fighter it has gotten rid of my headaches faster than anything else!!!!!!!

I suffered for years with migraines and headaches and now whenever I feel a headache coming on I put on UPF and it relieves it usually in less that 5 minutes!!! NOTHING has ever worked that fast for me!!!!! The best part is there's no drugs in it so no weird side affects You just gotta try it it's awesome!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.