Constant health issues can anxiety really make me feel this way?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 27 4'11 and weight 115 pounds. Around five years ago I started suffering from chest pains I have been to the emergency room so many times that I have lost count on how many ekg's I have gotten done. Ofcoarse they all come out fine. 4 years ago the cardiologist did an echo and a holter test, both came out fine though the holter revealed some fast heart beats and I got prescribed verapamil 40 mg. I still see the cardiologist every six months and all the testing always comes out fine. A year ago I started getting chronic headaches I visited a neurologist and got a head xray, head ct and MRI and everything came out fine. My newest symptom is a choking feeling that extends from my back al the way through my sternum and ends and my throat. I also get tingling sensations and numb limbs and lightheadness. My generalist ordered blood test which came out fine including my thyroid. My bad cholesterol is at 125. My cholesterol is at 190 whicj is within the normal range. I have an awesome husband and a great life but every day I have to battle with these symptoms. I am so desperate. I want to start having kids but these symtoms scare me so much every day feels like its gonna be the last day of my life. I visited a psycologist she diagnosed me with ocd and anxiety and reffered me to a psychiatrist I have an apt for next week. Can anxiety really make me feel so sick every day or could there be something wrong with me. My new fear is lung cancer or something malignant sucking the life out of me. Why does this happen to me every day sad I will be fine for some weeks and then all these symptoms haunt me for many weeks more I am so afraid. I don't want to die

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Wait you barely have any good cholesterol. Your ratio is bad. Mostly ldl? Have  you seen a nutritionist to fix this? Avocados, kale and foods that lower ldl would be very benificial, along with daily exercise and keeping hydrated. You seem to have an anxiety disorder. Wait on the kids its very important to be in good health and have a good mental state of mind before getting pregnant. Could make a big mess out of you. Have you had a full bloodwork to run? Deficiencies like b12, iron and magnessium should be checked. They usually are requested bloodtests not just run standard blood testing. 

• Posted

I,ve had cbc done and thyroid, enzymes, sugar. I'm not overweight and my body mass index was fine . Im going to start making changes on my diet and exercising more often

• Posted

The answer to your question can anxiety cause all this is YES YES YES!!

The only way to get through and over anxiety is to start believing in it once you believe anxiety is just anxiety and it causes all these symtoms that are not other diseases or illness that you have had all these tests for come back negative then you will start to push anxiety out of your life. Note I say start to push as it won't go away for good in a day or week or even month but it will start and it's end is something to look forward to and be positive about.

Once you start to believe in anxiety and push it away from your life is one day closer to being totally free from it and also one day less you will wait. In the meantime your symtoms should improve.

You have had many tests some repeated and at different times all come back clear so it's safe to say that the reverse of all these negative tests is a positive one for anxiety so believe it you have anxiety!!! But anxiety is no going to cause death it's horrendous it plays tricks on your mind and that plays tricks with your body. You know what you have now anxiety it's that you need to treat and you need to fight it yourself and tell it to go back where it came from.

You say you have a wonderful husband and life's good apart from this anxiety well anxiety feeds on negative thoughts so start planning for that beautiful baby new life and thinking how magical it will be for you and your husband.

Remind yourself of all the anxious times you've been scared all the times you've felt pain all the times you have waited for test results and what's happened??? You have been fine and pulled through each time. Breathe you have anxiety now but will still be here tomorrow and the next day and the next but your anxiety will be gone soon. It never rains 365 days a year the storm will come to pass. Not even the storm in your life can last forever

• Posted

Yes Vitamin D should be checked it's surprising how bad you can get with low Vitamin D. Sunlight eggs milk oily fish are all good sources but often we really don't get even a fraction of what we need so supplements are needed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.