Constant migraine for almost a week

Posted , 7 users are following.

Long story short. 24 yr old female. I am under a neurologist. I had a lumber puncture 4 years ago to release some pressure. In February at a review I was prescribed topiramate 25mg. So far so good. Probably mid August book them came back with revenge but not my normal kind of migraine pain. It eases after a week. I have had this one for for 5 days. I have lost the hearing in one ear. One eye is Larry than the other and is all red and blood shot. The pain in on the top on my head ( crown on my head) and behind my eyes and all down the right side of my face. I get weird tingling in my right arm and I get a weird sensation in my hand. All i am doing is sleeping and I'm waking up with a worse migraine. I am not taking pain relief due to other Health conditions. My GP won't do anything. Can anyone please suggest something I can do or has anyone experienced these kind of migraines?

1 like, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There is a great doc in London called Desmond Kidd who works out of the Royal Free in Hampstead. He is also a visiting consultant at other hospitals and he understands this so well. He's a neurologist with interest in auto immune disease and he is amazing. He understands this so well. He diagnosed me with inflammation of the brain stem which is where these horrific symptoms come from. No mri will show it. Someone like him would be great to see or an immunologist. 

• Posted

Hiya,

When I spoke to my neurologist about my migraines it was mentioned that pure o2 is the best cure. But it will never be prescribed to us as it is not cost effective! I find even tho it's the last thing I feel like doing, doing a bit of exercise where you take deep breaths sometimes helps (not always) might be worth a try, I find a short cycle ride round the park can help.

• Posted

If o had the energy to do that I would be out walking my dog instead my mum and sister have been taking her. I can't even move out of bed half of the time to pee never mind cycling around a park ha ha.

• Posted

If I have a migraine I cant walk or even stand up. So getting out is impossible. Suppose we are all different.
    • Posted

It didnt work for me O2 even though my GP was able to arrnage it for me.  If you are so weak down one side and have severe photofobia then a walk round the park etc is not a good idea
    • Posted

Babs, if you get this sittuation then nobdy knows if its a stroke or not, you have to call an ambulance or get someone to do it for you
    • Posted

I do get one sided thing. Leg gives way and I fall, slurred speech walk as if I am drunk. it is usually triggered by lights etc so cant go to many places. Even hospital visits bring it on. Was in hosp with heart attack last xmas and spent the whole time in the dark with migraine and vomiting.
    • Posted

you cant mess about thinking its just a migraine, when it could be more serious, the symptoms are so similar to stroke, always get an ambulance
    • Posted

yes simple migraine is one thing this is another. I used to fall down stairs and all sorts with really bad vertigo. Never exercised at all during that period. Also the tiredness was overwhelming! 
    • Posted

I see neurologist every four months and cardiologist every six. If I could stay in my flat all the time I would be fine, but that's not possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.