constant nervous feeling

Posted , 19 users are following.

hi ladies. i know we all have wonderful anxiety and panic attacks but do any of you have a constant feeling of nervousness besides the full blown anxiety and panic attacks?

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I started with this peri carry on in December last year. For nearly a year I've had HRT , supplements and acupuncture. Anxiety was probably the hardest thing to deal with. I've had Kalms and diazepam to help over the months . I've now come to a point where I'm taking vit B6 , Magnesium and Starflower supplements and touch wood, I'm getting night hot flushes, but the anxiety has all but gone. I can't put this down to anything in particular , perhaps I've naturally come through the worst, hope you do too 🙂

• Posted

i started minivelle patch about 3/4weeks ago and hoping it would help with anxiety but hasnt sad i pray this ends soon. it started bad in prob aug. this year. i want this symtpom to go away. it makes it hard to function

• Posted

I found HRT helped , but when I started the progesterone part of the pack, I went as far back as China! I'm assuming I'm Progesterone intolerant - I used to get really bad PMT and I understand there is a link. The B6, Magnesium and Starflower oil has helped , it might be worth a try - give it a few weeks to kick in though. I have also tried antidepressants. These were the absolute worst things for me, but everyone is different...

• Posted

is diazapam valium? i have both and was using valium but made me sleepy. thinking of going back to it tho. i also got cannabis jello thing that they give to kids with illness so no THC so no high just CBD which is supppose to help anxiety. i think i will try tonite. anyone try that?
    • Posted

Don't get too fond of Diazepam, it's hard to get off and I only used it (1mg) at a time when I was really desperate. I did 'lose' a day because it makes you really drowsy. I'm a nurse and I don't understand completely this hormone /anxiety /menopause situation.All I can say is what has appeared to help after all these months of trying different therapies is the supplements.This anxiety thing has consumed the best part of a year of my life , I really hope you get your solution sooner !

• Posted

Hi Kim, I am another one. I have had anxiety, panic attacks and such since I started

all this (about 12 years) but now, yes I feel nervous, I feel Like I am going to

do everything wrong and lack confidence which I haven't really felt since I was

a teenager! I feel all I do and say (muddled words, can't remember what I was

going to say etc) goes wrong or comes out wrong. I used to hold good

conversations with people and now it all seems to me to be gibberish!😕

I was shocked by the amount of replies on here. Suppose it makes me

feel better in a way but it is sad for us all.

Nice to have you all to discuss it all with.

Thanks everyone (hope I don't sound to desperate, stressed at the moment)?

• Posted

HI kim, yes i have this constant feeling of nervousness and uncertainty of nyself. Inwhich this is quite the oposite of whom I used to be..I went from this bubbly ,conversationlists outgoing person to an elusive nevous person when I'm out..terrible,,,, i feel as though I'm trapped in a body not my own... I pray everyday to get back to myself.

• Posted

I went through a few years of that anxiousness...I used to get up in the night thinking I forgot one of the grandkids in the car...or be driving home and think I forgot one of them at the mall...my mind played a lot of games on me with the anxiety.

Then one day I quit sugar.

And everything that goes with sugar

And chocolate

I didn't eat any sugar or carbs for 6 months.  The anxiety left completely the first week!  I also lost 15 pounds in two weeks and didn't regain it for three years (I quit smoking this summer and have been enjoying sugar again, and not in moderation...so I am a good 20 pounds over right now)

But I kid you not, dropping sugar was the best thing I ever did.

The other thing that really helps is chammomile tea

• Posted

Yes. I was jumpy and nervous all the time. Until I cut out the choclates and sugar stuff. I couldn't believe the difference with out it. It definitely causes stress and anxiety. Give it a try for a week or two. You'll be amazed

• Posted

Is there room for one more? ;o)  Am also permanently edgy and anxious. I'm awake at 4am every morning and can't go back to sleep because my mind is busy running through the worst case scenario for every area of my life. Then I'm running on empty all day.

Will try cutting out sugar (thanks for the tip). Can anyone recommend which B vits to take - B6? B12? B Complex? Am confused by them all. Also, I tried Vit D because my immune system is non-existent at the moment but I came out in hives. Anyone else had this?  

Hoping for a calm day for everyone, xx

• Posted

Jane, I came out in hives too when I first started Vit D. I switched brands and took a much lower dosage more often, and no more hives.

I think taking a multivitamin that contains the B vitamins, C, and calcium and magnesium should be enough, along with Vit D. I take a moderate dosage of Taurine as well, which helps my nerves.

Definitely avoid sugar, alcohol, and caffeine. And MSG! All of those intensify emotions and interfere with sleep. 

• Posted

Thanks Emmy, that's really interesting about the Vit D. I'll pluck up my courage and try a different one. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.