Constant palpitations

Posted , 14 users are following.

For the past 4 years now, i'v been having this constant palpitations, normally aware of my heart beat, sometimes it isn't fast and sometimes it is. It all started with my first panic attack,. It was an horrible experience and since then, i get so anxious every now and then. I always have anxiety physical symptoms too, they come and go provided i dont worry about them.

Had an ecg test, everything came out normal but they concluded it was sinus tachycardia. Doctor suggested it was anxiety.

Haven't taken any med since then, got another schedule with the doctor soon, might actually need some med

Is anybody experiencing this also, how did you combat it?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i too developed palpitation since june 2020 .the funniest part is i got them every midnight and i run lots of cardiac test all came normal it even make me tired of this life all doctors i met says my heart is fine don't Know what else to do.

• Edited

May I ask those with anxiety, palpitations etc, have you noticed it starting or getting worse since having a covid jab or booster and flu jab on the same arm (left) at the same time for instance?

• Posted

Patient.info

Notifications

Anxiety

staceyd89

staceyd89

2 minutes ago

Hey saw your post in the group & thought I would message you hope that's ok. I'm literally going through the exact same thing as you right now as when I started getting anxiety bad about 6 weeks ago I got palpitations & then just over 2 weeks ago it resulted in me having a really bad panic attack which I ended up going to A&E over as I was so terrified. The hospital were amazing checking me over everything was fine & I've just had a 24 hour ECG done which I'm waiting on the results of. My GP has prescribed me a sertraline tablet to take in the morning which is an anti depressant & a 40mg propranolol to take an hour before I go to bed in the evening to calm me down so I can sleep. I have also been seeing a hypnotherapist which has helped too & they've given me links to some relaxation recordings they've created. If you want me to send you them to try I can do no problems. I've also just ordered some anxiety books as well to try which I have the downloadable version I can send you as well. Let me know & I'm here to talk if you want. I'm going through this at the age of 33 by the way.

• Posted

I have bad health anxiety and sometimes have chest pains that lasts days or until I have some other physical symptom that makes me believe I have a debilitating disease. I currently I have been having burning sensations on my right foot and think I have MS.

• Posted

I have bad health anxiety and sometimes have chest pains that lasts days or until I have some other physical symptom that makes me believe I have a debilitating disease. I currently I have been having burning sensations on my right foot and think I have MS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.