Constant Recurring Thrush

Posted , 14 users are following.

Ever since i was about 17 (25 now) i've suffered with recurring thrush, I've been to doctors and had examinations and swabs and every kind of test for every kind of STI and infection and it always comes back with thrush.

even when their doesn't seem to be many visable symptoms. 

somtimes it's very noticable but sometimes i think it's gone but then i'll have sex with fiance and immedietly get burning, spotting, swelling and redness. 

I have tried everything out there..all to no avail, canasten creams and oral tablets do nothing, the pessaries make me bleed but dont help, creams burn, herbal remedies do nothing and ive already tried yogurt, diet changes, natural remedies and nothing has even helped the symptoms.

The doctors (ive been multiple times to different Drs) always prescribe me the same medicine, (the active ingredient in canasten) and they don't seem to take me seriously. 

I'm at my wits end and do not know what to do, if the Drs wont help then who will?

Their doesnt seem to be a cycle to it, i don't use perfumes or soaps on the area and i dont wear jeans or tight clothing all the time. but again....no matter what i do nothing seems to work and im not sure why none of the medicines help. not to mention how expensive they are. 

im not sure if anyone on here can help me but at this point in time any advice would be much appreciated. please is their something i havent tried? Thank you.

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have you tried using probiotics down there? Provocare sells a probiotic that lives in the vagina and it is supposed to colonize the vagina so yeast cannot grow.
  • Posted

Hi louise

I do also suffer from frequent mouth infection n this time viginal too, doctor gave me cream, not helped but the reciptionist at the counter said try wih baking soda, i clean everytime i go to toilet or 4 times a day which helped me, does not cost much, you can give it a try too.

• Posted

Hi Louise I too have suffered for many years - never go to the gp anymore as they just give one pessary or oral tablet - takes about 7 days to clear up then i will get another infection 2 weeks later. This week i took the bull by the horns and went to my local gum clinic. Finally got to see a doctor who not only looked at me - but also took swabs and looked at them under the microscope there and then. Firstly i hadn't known about the connection of being anemic and getting thrush - so get a blood test done first of all and get on the iron pills if necessary !! I then got 12 weeks worth of fluconazole 1 weekly for 12 weeks. Myself I only wash with vagisil pH balance wash and use coconut oil to moisturise down there too. Other advise use a water based lube every time you have sex and i have just recently started taking acidophilus x2 daily from health shop to make the bacteria in your stomach healthy !!! I'm 3 days in and so far so good - know it's very early days but wished i had gone years ago to the gum clinic i finally feel like someone has listened and is helping 👍👍

• Posted

Try drinking full fat milk. The estrogen in the milk will increase vaginal fluid. This seemed to help me clear a thrush infection on about a week.
  • Posted

Hi louise,

I used to be in a similar position to you - ever since I became sexually active at 17 I had constant thrush. I tried every treatment; micronazole/ clotrimazole creams, pessaries, probiotics, cutting sugar out of my diet, wearing loose underwear, I was even put on a long term pescription of fluconazole - but the thrush kept coming back time and time again!

The only treatment that I have found to work are Boric Acid Suppositories - I am now 20 and honestly they are the only things to treat and keep the yeast infections away for me. I insert one into my vagina after every time I have sex, a day before and after my period,and basically anytime I can feel the symptoms appearing again.

I live in the UK and have found I can only buy them from a website called Boricap - however if you live in the US I think it is far easier and cheaper to get hold of them.

Try them because I wish someone had told me about them years ago, it would have made mine and my boyfriends lives far easier these last years!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.