Constant right flank pain! Duplex Kidney diagnosed 20 years ago. Anyone similar please?

Posted , 8 users are following.

20 years ago I was diagnosed after CT scan with a duplex kidney and squashed tube on right side. Apart from having a couple of infections over the years, its been fine. For the last 9 years I have had pain in back and front on and off. 7 years ago had liver, gallbladder, pancreas and kidney checked, all clear. Usually pain will last a few days then go. But I've now had pain that's lasted since last October. Bloods and ultrasound scan came back normal. But Dr did urine sample on Friday showing signs of infection so I'm now on antibiotics. Depending on results she may send me to a urologist. Has anyone had similar experience? I'm worried my kidney is getting damaged from all the infections! Would this have shown up in my bloods? Just sick of being in pain. I already suffer from anxiety and depression and this is really getting me down. Any reassurance would be appreciated please. Thank you 😊

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello there... I have d similar problem.. I had started run once past 1 year and past 6 mos had been hell for me... I started having right leg pain .. traveling from back to whole leg.. went to orthopedic surgeon.. he said I ws suffering frm sciatica... but I ws not convinced... went for ultrasound.. said I have some retroperitoneal fluid accumulation on ryt side.. then asked me to do Ct scan... on Ct scan... it showed I have duplex kidney and on MRI it showed mild hydronephrosis... I still have flank pain on n off... and this is getting on my nerves.. plz any help.. advise????
  • Posted

Hi Pauline.  I’ve got a duplex/reflux kidney and 3 UTIs in a month.  I’m currently waiting for urology appointment.  Has yours settled now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.