Constant right side headaches, pain in the temple, jaw, behind eye with dizziness, neck pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

Please help!! I've been suffering with constant right side headaches, pain in the temple, jaw, behind eye with dizziness, neck pain and down the right arm for years and it is getting worse.  I've been to every doctor, physical therapy, working out as well as taken every type of pain medications that doctors have offered but nothing seems to work. I just had a cervical joint facet injection last week which didn't work either. I don't know what to do anymore!  I'm hoping at the very least there is something that can help with managing the pain.  All I wanted to do is to get to the source of the problem and treat it, but not one doctor can seem to figure it out. I will settle for pain management at the very least at this point. I hear Lyrica may help with this type of pain, if anyone has had any experience with this medication for this type of pain?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but many people like you say they have a vestibular Migraine. If you go to facebook and type vestibular migraine you will find a few groups of people like you. They might be able to offer advice.

• Posted

Had this type of migraine syndrome with auto immune disease. Now in remission. Do you have any other health issues?? Ibs type symptoms joint pain??
    • Posted

My illness is very specific and rare. Don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path by naming it. But it is a form if vasculitis. These kind of migraine syndromes are symptomatic of vasculitis but normally with other seemingly unconnected issues like ibs type symptoms. Possibly joint pain and a whole range of other possible symptoms. Sinus issues vestibular problems. Some people have limited problems others have systemic disease like me so affelcts multiple areas.

Problems are caused by inflammation and that can affect different areas and annoyingly not show up on scans with little evidence in blood work. Very hard to diagnose. I was in my 40s when diagnosed and took a year if attending clinic with an immunologist.

• Posted

Interesting, something to ask the doc about. So many possible syndromes linked to migraines the hardest part is diagnosing it.
    • Posted

Hi, so far some digestive issues but took probiotic and eating better which have seemed to help
    • Posted

I know this seems silly but I think I have what you have. Would you mind sharing the name of your vascular disease ? I present as I’ve systems , have done upper and lower scopes , tons of antibiotics and get severe join pain in my neck and neck and arm after eating trace amount is gluten but never tested positive for Celiac. I suffer from migraines and was just released from a hospital after two days of extreme vertigo. They say it’s inflammation in the ear. please please email me if you can offer any name of your diagnoses so I can check it out. I also randomly get a hot pain in my the bottom of my foot which I think is vascular but every Dr laughs it off. Please. Thank you.  

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Have you tried Rizatriptan for Migraines?  You take one at the onset of pain.  I try to rest for awhile if I can.  Important to take right when you first feel pain.
    • Posted

Yes, have been on it for about a year but it only keeps the headache from getting to its most severe but going to try another migraine med going to my doc this week. Thank you for your feedback 😁

• Posted

Hi Christina

Please let us know about your doctor appointment this week.  I hope they can help you.  You mentioned probiotic and eating better......that is so very important.  I have been taking probiotic and eating better and migraines have lessened.  I stopped eating bread, potatoes, rice and have a lot of organic greens and vegetables and grass fed meats and wild caught seafood like Salmon. ( I do cheat sometimes though when we go out to dinner ) Our diet and what we eat is so important.

please keep us posted.

have a good day!

Blessings,

Wendy

• Posted

So sorry to hear you're suffering so. I have the exact same symptoms but on the left side. However I've been diagnosed with hemiphlegic migraine. You may need a different diagnosis there are so many with varying symptoms. Indomiacin has helped. Peace and blessings.🤗🤗🤗

• Posted

I'm sorry you are suffering too, I will ask the neurologist about this type of headache when I see him next month. Going to family doc tomorrow for the Indocin, if it works even a little I will be happy. Wishing you well 😊

• Posted

Hi Christina,

What you are sufferening we on here can all agree with how bad it is and I am sorry you are having such a bad time of it.

Now what to do?  Well did you have an MRI scan yet?  This is really the first thing you need to have done.  Did you see a neurologist?  If not NAG your GP to send you to see one.

In the mean time, did you try Sumatriptan yet?  You can get it in tablet, nasal spray and injection form and it normally works well to abort an attack.  Yes I am taking Lyrica or Pregabalin as its also known.  You can also get Flunarizine and have Botox injections to help and I can testify that all these things work well.

Good luck Christina, let is know what you have tried and how you get on.

Best wishes and take care

• Posted

Hi, yes had MRI, cat scans but there is an MRA test that looks at the blood vessels for compression or other issues. Want to find out more about Lyrica, my family doc can help with that when I go tomorrow. Going to a new neurologist that specializes in migraines next month so feeling hopeful 🙂 Thank you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.