Constant right side headaches, pain in the temple, jaw, behind eye with dizziness, neck pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

Please help!! I've been suffering with constant right side headaches, pain in the temple, jaw, behind eye with dizziness, neck pain and down the right arm for years and it is getting worse.  I've been to every doctor, physical therapy, working out as well as taken every type of pain medications that doctors have offered but nothing seems to work. I just had a cervical joint facet injection last week which didn't work either. I don't know what to do anymore!  I'm hoping at the very least there is something that can help with managing the pain.  All I wanted to do is to get to the source of the problem and treat it, but not one doctor can seem to figure it out. I will settle for pain management at the very least at this point. I hear Lyrica may help with this type of pain, if anyone has had any experience with this medication for this type of pain?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I have ongoing problems with migraines and I use pregabalin to prevent my migraines from coming back, my gp put me on them after gabapentin failed to work, I take 50mg of pregabalin on a morning at about 10-11am, I also take 50mg on an afternoon at 5.30-6pm and I take 50mg on an evening between 9pm-10pm at the latest, u need to give them 6-8 months to fully get into ur system and when u feel a migraine coming on, get a small glass and put a mouthful of water in the glass, then u need to dissolve two 300mg aspirins and then take them, they will take anything from 15 mins
  • Posted

Hi, pregabalin is the best painkillers to take everyday to prevent migraines, I take 50mg on a morning at about 10-11am, I take 50mg in the afternoon/tea time at 5.30-6pm and then in the evening between 9pm-10pm, u need to give the 6-8 months to get into ur system, when u can feel a migraine coming on, get a glass and put a mouthful of water in and dissolve two 300mg aspirins and once dissolved, drink them, u need to give the aspirin anything from 15 mins to an hour just to get into ur system, u should feel the difference pretty quickly, u should also lie in a dark room.
  • Posted

Hi christina

I have the same problem been a month now

But on my left , the pressure on my tempel gets so intense my cheek and my eye feels fuzzy and warm

I went so many doc and neros all they say is anxiety

And strees related but i just cant believe its that

Have you manage to find out wat it is and any advice on pain relife ?

Please help

• Posted

Have they checked you for temporal arteritis? It can cause vision issues and temple pain. Pain can be in jaw or ear too. Usually over 50 are affected.

trigeminal neuralgia is another possibility. Sounds like they've tried a lot of meds. Did they try toradol? I was giving myself shots of it for migraines.

I am having the temple pain again...going to see doc Friday. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.