Constantly feeling like I am swaying?

Posted , 7 users are following.

2 weeks ago I had a vertigo attack while rolling over in bed.. the whole room was going backand forth and it felt like my eyes were moving rapidly.. left me feel very nauseaus for a few hours afterwards.. but it went away.

A few days later my head started feeling like I had a hang over, without the drinking and a feeling of motion sickness (similar to what I get when I try and read something while in a car.. yuk)

I have a tooth that needs a root canal which is getting treated tomorrow.. the pain from that tooth caused intense pain in my jaw and my ear, the dr thinks that is the cause of my discomfort, suspecting an infected ear nerve.

I have been on antibiotics for that for a few days now, but I am not sure there is any change in how I feel.. other then the tooth/jaw/ear pain is totally gone. I am so super aware of everything that I am feeling now.. even typing this I feel like I am swaying, but I know that I am not.

I'd convinced myself that I have a brain tumour, which gives me a major panic attack, and that doesn't help how I am feeling at all.

Its a real struggle to get through work, and looking after the 4 kids... I cant just stay laying down all day sad I don't smoke, don't drink, no caffiene, normally a very active 36 year old.

Anyone else had similar? 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow. You definitely need to take time to heal. Good thing you got the tooth taken care of. You must have been in terrible pain. It's funny how related it all is. I've had a sinus infection that made me feel like my teeth were falling out and I've had a tooth infection that made my sinuses ache like hell. Keep us posted but give yourself time to heal. 
  • Posted

After feeling good for a few days, thinking this was nearly over.. bam today.. felt awful, and ended up in bed for a few hours. I just want to feel normal again sad
  • Posted

Don't beat yourself up over a set back. Unfortunately they happen.  Just allow yourself to rest up and do what you have to. How is your tooth doing? Any set backs there. 
    • Posted

I haven't had to take a pain killer for a few days so it must be improving, finally finished the antibiotics so hopefully its awful side effects rack off.. and feel much better today, relatively normal day.. just ear is a bit sensetive to loud sounds at the moment.
  • Posted

I'm not surprised your ears are sensitive. Again, it's all tied up together and one can significantly affect the other. Glad you're doing better. Hang in there. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.