Constipated - Cant pass Stool

Posted , 52 users are following.

Ive not suffered from any constipation for years, but all of a sudden a couple of days ago it just came out of nowhere, I have a large stool that wont come out, it feels like its too big and hurts too much when I try to go to the toilet. Does anyone have any tips I can try before going to the doctor? I am making sure to eat plenty of fruit, oranges etc. and also drink lots of water.

2 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Amy,

I was suffering this problem for last 3 months,I visited hospital and took many medicine,infect i changed 4 doctor but no one could got rid of this problem and one day i decided no one can help me only i can help myself.i changed my living habit,in breakfast i eat black peas with lemon (soak at night)and eat in morning breakfast and pruns,after 2 hrs i eat any seasonal fruit,in lunch i take salad,2 chappati with any vegetable curry with minimum quality of salt and red chili powder,i do not eat rice and any all purpose floor dishes,no sweet.Papaya is the best fruit for constipation you can take water melon,kiwi,appricote pruns these are the best fruit for constitutional,i took laxatives also,and most important think water at lest i drink 5 ltr water in a day and physical activity .so now i am recovering of this problem,hope it will help you dear

• Posted

Hi Neha,

I am going through this right now. Could you tell me exactly how did you solve this and how are you doing now? I am badly constipated. It has been 2 . months almost.

• Posted

I've also suffered from constipation my whole life, and I also have am odd work schedule so I'm not able to cook healthy vegetables to eat and most days barely have 2 meals a day, and they aren't the healthiest meals. Its usually fast food which will make bowel movements less frequent and hard. But Miralax has been the Only thing that keeps the stool soft, allows me to go regularly without pain. The generic brand is just as good and a lot cheaper. I would definitely recommend that from here on out. Even if your eating healthy, it's not going to hurt being regular. As of right now since your already constipated and it's hardened. The only thing I've been able to use is a suppository and a gentle laxative. Drink plenty of water in the mean time so when you do pass it, it will be somewhat easier. The water will help put some power behind it DVD get it out faster, It will probably still be painful since you're to the point that it's ready to come out. I hope this helps some. If you found a way to get it out without to much pain or no pain, please reply to this post and let me know. It's much harder to find easy relief once it's already hard and needing to be passed. But taking a half cap full of miralax everyday or every other day will regulate your bowel movements and keep them from being painful regardless of your diet.

• Posted

Half a teaspoon of petroleum jelly roll it into ball and place into bottom , no word of a lie it works . When you pass stool it will be uncomfortble because of size and hardness but the jelly will help alot for it to "slip out"

For the future please take PSYLLIUM HUSK every day for a week then every 2-3days . Mix in 150 - 200 ml milk or water , has to drunk quickly because it becomes a smooth paste . Its amazing for the digestive sytem , under 16 years age should not use incase of choking. 

Good Luck

• Posted

Wait I have been suffering of constipation for a long time and I have a really big and hard poop inside of me and I need to get it out tomorrow because I am traveling in 2 days. So what do you do to get rid of it?
  • Posted

Do you know how they rid of constipation? I have this really big poop inside of me and I have been trying to get it out over the past week and it won't come out. I always have stomach aches like really bad ones every single day. I try pooping every single day many of times but all that comes out is strings of diharea and I really need help to get rid of this because I'm traveling in 2 days and I need to get rid of it tomorrow. What do I do to get rid of it? What do I take? What will help me? Please help.

• Posted

Sounds gross, but for immediate relief, I found inserting a finger and slowly removing the hardened stool bit by bit works. After getting through the hardened stool, the other stools follow and they are soft.
  • Posted

I just registered for this site solely to reply to this thread. Yesterday, when I was desperate, I came across this thread with the same problem and wanted to share that it was the dreaded "manual removal" option that I went with for relief. But it DID work!

Let's face it, by the time you're Googling "hard stool won't come out," you're WAY past the point of needing advice about a high-fiber diet. Yes, you should start a STIMULANT-FREE laxative, but that takes time to kick in.

So, I bought latex gloves and KY and gently removed pieces of the clog. This did not happen quickly. Overall, I think it happened over 12 hours, basically living on the toilet, changing the glove every other minute (I bought a box of 50!) -- but I finally got relief.

Honestly, I was REALLY upset and didn't want to do it, but it gave me a certain sense of control that an enema did not. And, because it was a HARD stool -- and not caused by inactive bowels -- I wasn't convinced that an enema was the right call anyway.

The reality is that if you go to the E.R., their main course of action is laxatives, enemas, and manual removal. I decided that I wanted to try it at home first before subjecting myself to that, and, boy, am I glad I did!

Thanks to everyone who advised on this topic. And to anyone reading now who's flipping out, please take a deep breath. This too shall pass!

• Posted

Oh! And I also wanted to add that I did speak to a doctor first, who said that manual removal was an appropriate and safe course of action to do at home with gloves and lubricant. Be gentle, take your time, and stay calm. Good luck!
    • Posted

I'm glad that you found relief but you really should start taking acapful of Miralax every night so you don't get this problem back. It softens the stool so you wont have to remove it manually. You may have to buy an enema bag though and fell with warm, nit hot water, and it will get the soft stool out if you can't yourself. Good luck !

• Posted

Hey gals and guys.

Constipation is the story of my life I have to admit I don't follow a good diet  matter how many times it keeps coming back and biting me in the rear end but over the years I've learned how to deal with it, you have to be able to tolerate pain and like one of the posters on here said you have to muster some courage, I don't believe in these things you insert in your bottom tried them once and it made matters worse for me but the main thing you have to understand is that it's nit going anywhere and to keeping putting it off and waiting only will make its dryer harder bigger and much harder to pass, so like one of you said in a post earlier gather some courage and go in the bathroom with intention of nit coming out until it's out of you, and believe me it will hurt but once it's out the paid is not an issue compare to the relief that you'll get and yes there will be some pain after which usually last about a day or less.

Again good luck to all of you constipated folks out there

• Posted

The best suggestion is from Joanne.

I reached the stage where 'I had to go but couldn't'

I put some 'personal lube' on my finger and worked it around inside my bum.

Problem solved within 5 minutes.

Of course, this does not solve the underlying problem !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.