Constipation

Posted , 16 users are following.

I'm not having much luck with the search engine on this site. It's it possible to just search the hip forum?

Anyway, my dark passengers don't want to disembark, even after 6 days. I've been taking senna pills and some very sweet liquid I got from the hospital for the last four days and still no luck. The woman in the bed next to me had the same mixture at the same time as me and she was disembarking passengers left, right and centre all night long, but she is over 40 years older than me. Poor woman couldn't get to the toilet on her own either sad

Do you know of any sure fire remedies that don't involve medication or yoga? I've tried just sitting on the toilet but it gets extremely uncomfortable quickly and was of no use.

Gracias, Bridie

2 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

My understanding is that the hospital or clinic will not release a patient until after they had done their duty and disembarked their dark stuff.  Is this right or wrong, or does it depend upon the hospital/clinic?
    • Posted

I think this is depends on the hospital. I was released without evidence. Just as well, as I was nearly 8 days.
    • Posted

Maybe it depends on mitigating factors. Of course as you have found, you probably won't get a definitive answer, even when you're on the ward.

• Posted

Bridie, poo talk always arises on this forum. Two weeks ago i shared this and you might find it useful when you have arrived at the station!!
    • Posted

Just heard on the news that today is National Poo day

...I live in Holland.

😂

• Posted

I did read that thread and tried to search for it and any others on the subject yesterday but the search engine was not cooperating.

We're you the one recounting names your family gave to their poos? Assuming you were I'll share a couple we use around here (if you're the one who was grossed out by it, profound apologies :D )

For the few months I was taking slow release paracetamol I was subjected to what I called The Meteor, hard as space rock to begin with a soft trail following. Another one that is fairly commonafter a weekend roast and bottle of wine between us is the Fist of Fury and Bruce (my partner) often has his Pinecone or Pinapple to contend with due to codeine consumption for his dicky knees.

• Posted

Haha, cool! Typical Dutch. I have a fantasy about moving over to The Netherlands, all those lovely bike paths!! But unfortunately my only language is English. There's a YouTube video of some one translating Dutch slang into English.
    • Posted

I think I love you, Bridie!

Yes, it was me and the mad family of poo namers. Fist of Fury, brilliant, known as a 'Baby Arm' or the 'Shaking Fist' in my house. I so relate to 'The Meteor'.

My partner has IBS and is known to have 'The Pebbledash' - oh how gross, I don't believe I have shared this with the world redface

National 'Poo Day', Renee, umm, how do we celebrate this. Bridie might just like to produce one!

• Posted

Hi bridie

it can take up to 8 days for your bowel to start shifting again. On my first hip It was a week. On my second hip it was 8 days. I promise it will happen on it,s own eventually. But I found pineapple very helpful. Chocolate is also a laxative.  Good excuse to dive into the Easter eggs early cheesygrin

• Posted

I'll have to order in some dark chocolate easter bilbies and a Pinapple. I could sip some laculose along with it and pretend it's sherry. Very decadent!
    • Posted

😂 you could just get a couple of cartons of pineapple juice and cut out the middle man 😀
    • Posted

It didn't even occur to me too get pineapple juice. I tried fresh Pinapple chunks but no luck sad I'll have to force Boyo out to the shops to get me Pinapple juice and glycerin suppositories as back up in case, spicy food and Pinapple juice don't work. *sigh*
  • Posted

Bridie, I just spat my drink out! I have never heard the expression 'dark passengers disembarking'!! Hilarious (sorry, I know it's not funny) x
    • Posted

Laughter is the best medecine!

The tv series serial killer Dexter, referred to his evil compulsions as if they were entities living within him controlling him and he called them his "dark passengers" It seemed fitting, lol.

• Posted

Yes he did didn't he, I loved Dexter. Hope your passengers have disembarked by the time you read this! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.