Constipation

Posted , 16 users are following.

I'm not having much luck with the search engine on this site. It's it possible to just search the hip forum?

Anyway, my dark passengers don't want to disembark, even after 6 days. I've been taking senna pills and some very sweet liquid I got from the hospital for the last four days and still no luck. The woman in the bed next to me had the same mixture at the same time as me and she was disembarking passengers left, right and centre all night long, but she is over 40 years older than me. Poor woman couldn't get to the toilet on her own either sad

Do you know of any sure fire remedies that don't involve medication or yoga? I've tried just sitting on the toilet but it gets extremely uncomfortable quickly and was of no use.

Gracias, Bridie

2 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Are you the proud owner of a lighter passenger craft todaycheesygrin

You could always try an extra hot curry....

Michael

• Posted

Still not much luck on the passenger front. After the dose of chili sauce I managed a little relief. I don't know if it was the chili or keeping an ice pack on my belly.

Michael, I'm thinking either chicken vindaloo or Thai spicy beef salad!😂

• Posted

Bridie - pure Orange juice for me is a natural laxative, wow, dangerous stuff.

Dr explained to me I am sensitive to something, (can't remember the name of it) in the orange juice, apparently it is a known side effect for a small number of people.

Love Screwdrivers, Vodka and Orange Juice, but they don't love me. 20 minutes and i am running, and loos had better not be congested.

• Posted

Any luck yet, what about bran, that's supposed to help bulk it out, or do you feel like it's already there. Porridge is a good one as well, usually gets me going.Lots of fluid, not alcohol though lol
    • Posted

Ha, funny you should mention that, lol. I've just been writing up my pain diary (another good idea I filched from here) where I've described what I've just been through but if I copied that here I'd probably be banned for foul language!

Sufficient to say I've had some success woohoo! But I forgot to take my nightly slow release oxy contin (it's 9.30pm here) two hours ago so having to sit on the toilet was not as welcomed as it might have been! 😰

No doubt there's more to come, I just hope this pain killer kicks in before I have to go back for round 2😂

Cheers lynn 💙

• Posted

That is great news Lynn.

As the song goes: The First Step is the Hardest. This could be a new thread for appropriate song titles...

Michael  

• Posted

A little late to the dance. After three days of waiting I picked up some Dulcolax Laxitives.  Worked like a charm. I am in the U.S. not sure about availability everyewhere.

As a side note - really appreciate this site and the collective insight and wisdom of the participants. I am 12 days passed TLHR. Very happy to leave the OA pain in the rear view mirror.

• Posted

Welcome acu one, and congratulations!

I just Googled that laxative, we have it here in Aus too. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Active ingredient, 5mg Bisacodyl. Whatever that is, if it works I don't care! :D

It sure it's good to be OA pain free!! Every day I notice it gone is such a relief.

Fingers crossed for no complications or set backs!

• Posted

This was one of the worse things about my op. I thought I would end up back in hospital due to the pain and being so blocked up. I cried, hospital stuff didn't work. Then a friend, a nurse. Said take Dulcolax within 6 hours I was clear. Its very gentel, very effective. I will always have this in my med box.

X

• Posted

I'm putting it on my shopping list. Although I have some bowel movement I still have to sit and wait for action and it really hurts my leg. I must be a complete wimp because I don't have any 90° restriction nor any cut muscle and myscat ison the front but it still hurts a lot to sit on the hard toilet seat.

Actually I've taken to putting a very soft pair of bulky socks, flattened, under my sore bit when I have to sit down. It helps.

I wonder where the amputation occurred on the bone? I feel like I know but pain radiates, I may be wary of the mark. I wonder if it's in basically the same place for everyone?

Another thing I wonder is just how hard did he bang in the prosthetic and what was the process because my knee hurts a lot too, did it take blunt force trauma?

• Posted

hi bridie,

there is a video on YouTube of THR surgery ....

warning :not for the weak of stomach. .

After I had seen this video I was so impressed and in awe of

my body ....

and that's why I am saying : be gentle with your self

big warm hug

Renee 🐱

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.