Constipation after colonoscopy

Posted , 15 users are following.

I had a colonoscopy on November 7. Nothing was noted in the findings and ever sense I have been constipated. I had a small bowel movement the day after and a medium bow movement about four days after. Since then, nothing! I don't feel bloated or have the urge to go. Is this normal? Should I be concerned or just wait it out?

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Interesting! I had a colonoscopy a year ago and I haven't had a good trip to the crapper since. I have been religious about taking Metamucil daily for the past 20+ years and have sung its praises but since the colonoscopy, no joy! I'm going to try the diluted apple vinegar approach and see what that does. I'll keep you posted!

• Posted

Gern,

For me and my wife, one teaspoon of honey and one tablespoon of Organic Unfiltered apple vinegar with the mother.  Braggs is preferred because it has the mother.  Make sure you use 8 to 10 ounces of water.  I use a small amount of warm water in the beginning to dissolve the honey then I finish filling the galss with cold water and add the vinegar.  Drink all at once.

Colonoscopy is a problem for a lot of people.  Never the less this works for us and we consider it a miracle. We no longer use fiber.  Good luck.

• Posted

Richard,

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm on day 4 of the regimen (1 tbsp organic unfiltered apple vinegar with the mother, 8-10 oz water, 1 tsp honey). I don't know how long it takes for it to kick in but the day after the first dose it seemed to work, and it continues to work for the most part. I plan to stay on the regimen and throw in a dose of fiber here and there for good measure. Thanks again!

• Posted

It normally works on the first day.  It works differently for most people, but it works.  I read that some people use two tablespoons of vinegar.  I plan on using it for the rest of my life.  It makes a difference.  Search on the web for the Magic of vinegar and honey.  It does more than just help with constipation.  Good luck
    • Posted

Richard I am allergic to yeast so can't use Apple cider vinegar. You mentioned that your in research you found other articles. Could you please advise me of those.

I have had 3 colonoscopies and have gotten worse with each one. It's been three years.

• Posted

I’ve waited 1weei and 3 days. It’s sinething that had to do with the clean out.-  You can take stuff  to make you go all the time.  It’s something that should happen on it on. 
  • Posted

Traditional fermented sauerkraut worked for me.  I discovered it after a round of antibiotics caused constipation last winter.  I took duculax after several days of agony.  Did a lot of research.  Took align for 3 weeks, no help.  Made my own sauerkraut in a mason jar and it worked in a couple days. 

I had this colonoscopy and after a few days of suffering and finally taking a laxative, I remembered the sauerkraut.  It worked In two days, after eating a serving each day and have been regular since.  Give it a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.