Constipation and peri.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone please reassure me if constipation is common in peri ?i have been extremely constipated and as I suffer anxiety too I think I have colon or ovarian cancer !!! I have a cyst on my ovary making me think this.i am on propolonol and norethesterone so am

Not sure if these are contributing to my constipation.any advice please as I'm worried sick all the time lately and my anxiety is through the roof !!many thanks Michelle xxx

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, yes...started seemingly "all of a sudden" at age 40 for me (I'm 45 - soon to be 46 now). I also have a "functioning" ovarian cyst on my left ovary. Thankfully I have a lovely doctor (albeit not too well versed in any of the less common peri/meno symtoms), and he followed up by sending me to a gastro who performed a colonoscopy around age 41. All clear there, but it sure did worry me at first because it was a sudden change for me.

I have had small reprieves from the constipation, but for the most part it has never gone back to "normal". Similar suggestions of plenty of fluids - I will buy some dried organic prunes to nibble on from time to time (make sure you drink plenty of water during the day).

I also think that since I have become less active (working more now that my kids are grown, which means sitting at a desk), my system has simply slowed down. I have to force myself to go for a stroll sometimes as I often feel quite yucky or exhausted. I think that more consistant exercise would help me too...this time of year will help with energy I hope.

I have other friends my age who have discussed this issue with me too, so I feel much better 5 years in knowing that others have the same issue. I think this is one of the more common, rarely talked about symptoms, however I didn't know that back when I was 40. Best to you.

• Posted

I am 48 and have noticed this too. Never had a problem in my life and now experiencing it for the first time occasionally. And digestive problems also.
  • Posted

Hi, yes, like a lot of ladies have mentioned, I have found high magnesium helps me keep regular plus water, fresh fruit and veggies. I do walk lots too.

I had to stop talking magnesium citrate as goes through me, but have it around, just in case need a dose. Daily, I take 400mg Chelated magnesium. 200mg morning 300mg after dinner.

Try magnesium citrate 400mg to start

Jx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.