Constipation desperately need help bad, please.

Posted , 7 users are following.

This is such a long shot here, never have done this but I am so desperate I honestly don't know what to do, I have severe anxiety which is causing major panic attacks & just crying all the time. I'm in a lot of pain & very uncomfortable. I've read a lot of these kinds of forums but wanted to make it personal. So I've been constipated off and on for a while, I'll go a few weeks sometimes even without going, or going once & when I do they are horribly huge hard & painful bowel movements. It's got me so honestly afraid to go through it again even if I know I need to. I had a baby 4 months ago & since it's just been worse. As of right now, my situation is that I have only went maybe once in about maybe 2 weeks, I'm not even sure. I want to go so bad. Sometimes I have urges but when I go sit down it's like they almost go away & I try to push so hard & barely even nudges. & when it does, it feels so huge & unbelievably hard like it'll hurt. & lately when I push really hard, only wet brown liquid type stuff comes out. Like I am honestly scared to death & I just can't do anything at all but I get so exhausted from the anxiety that I lay in bed while my husband has to do everything. Then I wake up back at it again. I've been taking Miralax for a few days now, plus these equate stool softeners but that's it. Not really wanting to eat anything either. I am so afraid right now & I almost want to go to the er. I know of enemas & laxatives but to be honest just a little afraid to take those bc of 1. The pain of passing the stool scares me so bad like thinking it could be just way too big & 2. I hear a lot of that stuff just adds a tremendous amount of stomach pains. Someone please help or maybe someone who's been in my shoes can help me?? Please I truly need relief but this is probably stupid..

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The food can be altered and it can be easily solved. Avoid spicy foods and fat rich foods. Instead go for fiber rich foods. In my own experience i got good bowel movements by altering the foods which are not suitable for me. I am health advisor not a professional though but collect information from many experiences. If you are interested do follow me with my blog. I am not money minded just to help people with their health problems in low cost remedies.

https://simplemedicineathome.blogspot.in/

Hope you get well

• Posted

I too suffer from anxiety and panic attacks although their much better than they used to be.  I read on the toilet when I'm constipated.  One of the books I've read is by Claire Weeks called, Hope and Help for Anxiety.  Very helpful.

I also suffer from constipation which is why I'm here. One, it helps me know that I'm not alone and two, I'm constipated as I write this reply.

When I was laid up in bed w/cast on leg, I had nurses that gave me loads of MOM for a BM that finally came, two days later (and after much straining, sweating, etched.) in the form of a basketball.  None of the nurses (including head nurse) had ever seen one so huge/round.  Well, the upshot of sharing this, is that I'm survived the experience and I will survive this one too.  Just like everyone else, regardless of how much it sucks.  I still forget and hold in my BMs and pay the price.  So here I am, but I think I'll get some suppositories this time. 😎

• Posted

You'll survive just like I do and everyone else does.  I too suffer from panic/anxiety attacks and chronic constipation.  I gave birth to a basketball sized BM many years ago, after re receiving copious amounts of MOM by nurses (laid up w/cast due to car accident.  My family made such a thing about going to the bathroom (they called it (washing your hands) that I ended up and still do, holding it in.  Bad habit.  So, here I am, constipated w/major big hard stool that no amount of straining will help...so far.  Going to try once more and if it doesn't work, get suppositories.  Relax.  ??

• Posted

Oh dear moderator!  Didn't realize first one went through.  Pick one, but please don't post both.

Thanks 

Tori

• Posted

Hey soo not sure what your last post meant about please dont post both.. ? But this post was from 8 months or so ago, so thankfully I am not in this situation right now. However, I'm still not normal but I take Miralax everyday since this post and if anything, makes me have the opposite of constipation. Which I prefer considering I too have dealt with basketball sized bowel movements. And I am not exaggerating. But I see your post was 9 days ago so I hope you feel better and got some relief..

• Posted

do u feel bloated and feel uncomfortable like a bloated swollen feelingĀ 
  • Posted

It's really not stupid and I get where you're coming from... the feeling that you have to go but you're afraid to start - because it feels like a rock or something huge gets stuck...it makes one terrified to have to go to the bathroom! I've been though this - and I know how awful it is. I cry too at times.

For me - I finally was able to poop normally after a lot of hints from videos - by Will Busciewitz .. I was thrilled that I was pooping normally. But for the past 2 days - I have had that 'stuck' feeling and I can't get comfortable sitting, sleeping; etc it seems to affect my whole body....it's worse when I stop and I try to much....

I had a very normal poop a few days ago, I looked to see and all was well - for the 3rd day in a row. But then it felt like there was more - and w/o straining I tried to push it out - but there wasn't more - I was back to being stuck, eventually I gave myself an enema; altho it works, I don't know when that's done either!!! I can't read my body signals anymore. Should I try - should I not try...I know how hard this is. I don't know what to do when this happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.