Constipation, nausea, fatigue, help a stranger out?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, 

My name is cage and I am 17 years of age, I never done something like this before usually because people say self diagnosis is something to be wary of, and asking others anonymously online is just as bad. However I've ran out of ideas and my anxiety gets the best of me at times, so I'm pretty desperate as you can see.

So to start it off, I've had this for quite some time, almost a month, I think this dates back around last year where I was taken to a hospital with my dad to get checked out, they put an IV in me and took some blood tests, they found nothing too crazy other than the Rhino Virus (Just the common stomach bug). The symtoms feel similar to what that was, however I feel a lot worse. 

I wake up with an upset stomach, my mom who is chopped full of illnesses ruled out it's acid reflex, which I do believe is true, however I am suffering from what I believe is constipation, however I feel the need to go to the bathroom a handful of times here and there, only to sit on the toilet either for an hour or pushing out small mushy stool that isn't worth the struggle.

It's a pain in the ass, literally, It's been going on for awhile now and I'm stressed out. I try my best to avoid looking symtoms online, because I'm absolutely terrified of finding the slightest relation to something severe like colon cancer or whatever. I just want to get better, I considered the possability that it's IBS but I can't get a clear idea without speaking to someone professionally about it.

I'm really embarassed to mention this around my parents, I heard laxatives will help but asking my mom or dad to go buy me some is a bit overwhelming for me, or mentioning anything bathroom related around here. 

Any ideas? I don't know if I can go to a doctor anytime soon to get checked out, since that's not something I'm in charge of.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't know if this will help.. but someone posted earlier that lemon juice in water a few times a day can really help.. it's worth a try. I'm going ro drink some and see if it helps. You are so young to be having these problems sad I too have the same 'bathroom' issues as you and it depends what I eat and what state of mind i'm in.. do you have a trusted friend you could confide in or if you find it uncomfortable talking to your folks about it, maybe a friend's parent? (If you feel you need to see a Doctor, I think you should try and do this) for your peace of  mind.

• Posted

I wouldn't know anyone to really confront about this as anyone I would bring this up around would definitely feel awkward (as no one really can relate to it). My parents tell me I'm not sick and my anxiety is just the culprit, but I'm very doubtful.

• Posted

It could be IBS triggered by the stomach bug you had.  However, see a doctor to get an official, accurate diagnosis.
    • Posted

That's a little hard to do, considering that my parents (specifically my mom) thinks I'm making it sound bigger than what it really is. I personally want to believe her but the last time this happened I was hospitalized and was extremely dehydrated/I.e. nearing anorexia from my previous incident.

• Posted

Are you still at school/college? is there anyone there you can talk to like a nurse or welfare officer etc., any other family members? You are going to have to take some sort of action to help yourself get sorted. It sounds like your mum is aware you have a problem though.. Perhaps even some sort of contact line .. Social services? 
    • Posted

I wouldn't call social services?? She said if it lasts for more than a week then she'll take me to get checked out, it's hard to tell if my symptoms worsened or gotten better because i feel crappy all the time.

• Posted

Well in PA I need to get a drivers permit after a test, then I need to get a drivers license. I can't drive anywhere now legally until I do these things, so I can't go to the doctor by myself without hassling some family member about it.

• Posted

Quick update of my symptoms currently:

Waking up with acid reflux no doubt, only bowel movements are diarrhea and get the urge to go to the bathroom a handful of times, I either ignore it or give into it (heads up, nothing happens, I just sit on the toilet for awhile), starting to lose my appetite for things, losing interest in about everything I used to do.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are feeling rotten. Right now I am having the same symptoms as you. I feel like crap tbh. This might sound silly, but is there no bus or public transport? where are exactly are you (i'm in the UK) 

• Posted

Here in a little suburbian area in Pittsburgh, can't really take a bus or anything like that as I don't know my way around the city (The only hospital nearby I can think of).

Hope you feel better man, I'm feeling slightly better in the morning and can manage to down some food here and there, but the constipation part is still a bother.

• Posted

I have Aspergers and one of the things I struggle with is my sense of direction.  I use google to show me the visual layout of the area I need to visit.  I try to take a week to practise my journey and if I still have problems I ask as many people as possible to direct me to the place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.