Constipation, nausea, fatigue, help a stranger out?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, 

My name is cage and I am 17 years of age, I never done something like this before usually because people say self diagnosis is something to be wary of, and asking others anonymously online is just as bad. However I've ran out of ideas and my anxiety gets the best of me at times, so I'm pretty desperate as you can see.

So to start it off, I've had this for quite some time, almost a month, I think this dates back around last year where I was taken to a hospital with my dad to get checked out, they put an IV in me and took some blood tests, they found nothing too crazy other than the Rhino Virus (Just the common stomach bug). The symtoms feel similar to what that was, however I feel a lot worse. 

I wake up with an upset stomach, my mom who is chopped full of illnesses ruled out it's acid reflex, which I do believe is true, however I am suffering from what I believe is constipation, however I feel the need to go to the bathroom a handful of times here and there, only to sit on the toilet either for an hour or pushing out small mushy stool that isn't worth the struggle.

It's a pain in the ass, literally, It's been going on for awhile now and I'm stressed out. I try my best to avoid looking symtoms online, because I'm absolutely terrified of finding the slightest relation to something severe like colon cancer or whatever. I just want to get better, I considered the possability that it's IBS but I can't get a clear idea without speaking to someone professionally about it.

I'm really embarassed to mention this around my parents, I heard laxatives will help but asking my mom or dad to go buy me some is a bit overwhelming for me, or mentioning anything bathroom related around here. 

Any ideas? I don't know if I can go to a doctor anytime soon to get checked out, since that's not something I'm in charge of.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

try peppermint oil it works for me
    • Posted

My mom uses this stuff for herself time to time, just tried it and it isn't that bad. Thanks for the tip alan!

• Posted

For constipation drink some Prune jucie it's the best most natural thing. Yes also to the peppermint oil. that helps a lot. Coffee (if you can tolerate it) will make you go first thing in the morning too!

• Posted

another thing that works is having a 'activia yogurt' before beadfast, try it and see cherry's nice 

• Posted

I tried Activia when my bowel habits were all over the place and after just four pots, my bowel movements became more normal. I don't know whether this was also because I had stopped panicking once I got my IBS diagnosis.  While waiting for answers, I had very loose, urgent stools because of my anxiety..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.