Convinced I have lung cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not even sure how it has come to this but I absolputely give up now. For the last 3 year's (or more)I've been completely convinced I have lung cancer and every day it's getting worse. It used to go away for some periods then come crawling back but now it's constant. I have every symptom going and the doctor has said I'm fine. I can't understand It. I'm losing my mind!! I just don't know whay to do Any more as it's really effecting my life. Please help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah to be honest I don't think anything I can say will actually help in anyway but here goes, how old are you, how many cigarettes do you smoke per day, how much did you weigh 3 years ago and how much do you weigh now, how often do you cough up blood

Once you answer these questions I will offer my advice for what it's eorth

• Posted

Hi lung cancer is usually caught by smokers who have smoked for decades.  It would be very unusual for someone younger than their 40's to get it. 

If you had symptoms 3 years ago you would be in a very bad state by now and on the verge of death.  Symptoms wouldn't come or go either but would be constant and just getting worse.

Are you getting any  help for your health anxiety?  This sounds like what you have.  x

• Posted

I am honestly a complete mess!! I just don't know what to do any more. Every day is shadowed by this and I can't enjoy life.

To answer the above questions I do smoke- though have cut down. I know I should quit but it's very hard. I haven't lost any weight in the last few years- I've actually gained weight. I don't cough up blood though there was a tiny speck of blood when I spat this morning in the sink. I feel like I'm getting worse.

I've been to the doctors and she doesn't warrant an x-ray as she doesn't see anything concerning plus mg x-ray in December was clear. But things could of changed? I just don't know..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.