copd bronchetsasis and gneral lung issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

Do we have many members her who suffer from the above ?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gordon and welcome

Since this is the COPD discussion forum yes there are many here with COPD.

There is a separate bronchiectasis forum and I believe another respiratory forum.

Check the search discussions box on the right.

here is the link to the bronchiectasis discussion forum:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/bronchiectasis-254

Any thing COPD ask away I am sure you will get lots of replies.

Best wishes V

• Posted

Hi Gordon , yes I have copd and bronchiectisis. I'm on oxygen 24/7 , not able to do much at all. I have the bug pseudo monas colonised in my lungs, apparently it only affects people with bronchiectisis. When it flares up I'm really poorly and need strong antibiotics and steroids for at least 2 wks. Stay well Julia 
    • Posted

Hey, Julia, would you mind sharing how strong you are normally?   Can you walk to the bathroom unassisted, for example?  Or with a walker?  Are you extremely breathless when you get there?  Elsewhere on here I have just begun to ask these same questions for a friend who has just recently become too weak to do anything but sit or lie on the sofa without extreme weakness and breathlessness.  Thank you very much.  Randy.
    • Posted

Hi rjb, yes I can walk about my home unaided altho this makes me extremely breathless. When out I need to be in a wheelchair but on really good days I can walk around small stores as long as I'm holding onto the trolley and take it real slow. Most days I spend at home doing nothing, I rarely go out except for doc apps . Regards Julia 
  • Posted

Hi Everyone itsme. Was interested in the vibrating vest idea. looked all round the net but couldn't find much info about them and importantly th price.

Years ago when I was interested in 6pack and biceps etc..I had a device I could wire myself up to and it would deliver massage. i'm going to give a go.

What do you guys think.

Regards Gordon

was interested in the w

• Posted

You might find people on the Bronchiectasis forum more familiar with the vibration vest, but if you want to check them out search google, 'vibration vest, lungs' , several you tube videos come up.

Also if you search you tube for mucus clearing device there is the flutter or acapella, in UK the flutter device can be prescribed on the NHS.  You may already be familiar with these.

Regards V

• Posted

Hi all,

Tried the bodybuilding device last night its a bit like those belts you can strap round you and delivers various patterns of massage/vibration. The one I have is called abs builder but has 4 seperate self adhesive pads which you can stick to your body to deliver 3 seperate programs of massage/vibration. I used it last night for 15mins with the pads stuck to the lower part of my ribcage at the back. Have no positive proof yet that it does anything BUT I can say my morning ritual of coughing was more productive than usual so I'll carry on for a while and let you know.

Thanks to all who have answered my previous posts

Regards Gordon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.