COPD+Diazepam

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with this debilitating disease and though the medical council would most likely be horrified to learn that i have been taking high doses of Diazepam 30/40mg. With this amount of this drug in my system i found for the first time in a long while that i could Run as i had need after leaving my cash at the ATM, unfortunately by the time id reach the ATM either a person near took my money or it was retrieved by the machine. Though my point is without Diazepam im knackered just walking in the street, so there must be some link between this drug and how it alleviates the symptoms of COPD even if it only last for about eight hours. Can i please get some clarity on how without I'm breathless without though able to run with this drug in ones system? Is there any others out there with the same experience?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

@mark14566   I am not medically trained, I can remember, however when this drug was first became available.  It was called Valium (sp) it's slang name was mothers' little helpers and prescribed to any mother who found the strain of looking after children  ( and being a housewife) too much of a strain.

• Posted

Good gracious I never knew Diazapram used to be called Vallium!  I was prescribed this under the name of Vallium way back in the 70's and it used to make me feel spaced out and confused.  I was suffering from depression not anxiety though so no wonder it didn't really help me.  x

• Posted

Its more like a Xanax....more for mental, not physical pain. I think they wanted to keep you calm bc back in the day I remember they would prescribe Valium WITH a pain killer...so that makes sense.

Ladyjack51

• Posted

BCk in the day, Ladyjack51 are we not showing ones maturity? Had this out with a dental implant clinic yesterday, they use diazepam for relxing the patient plus the novocain to numb and refused to take me on as i already take valium.
    • Posted

Omg! Everybody needs a damn valuim to go the dentist...for how much they charge and how much they hurt!! But it shouldn't stop any procedure that needs to be done. Dramatic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.