Cortisone Injections

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone found that these injections make you put on weight. I have had a fair few and due for some more next week. In the beginning I had a spine injection and then  in the leg -  I am on Pazital and Lyrica but a lose dose.  But looking back, the injections have been the best as I walk quite a bit.

I know the UK have a maximum - but can't remember how many.  I last had the injections about 3 years ago, 4 in one thigh and 3 in the other.  I suppose it depends on the strength too but I haven't ever been told the strength. 

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Enna1.  Looks like you have had surgeries too.  I think we are best off if we don't go under the knife again.  Just try to get by with meds and injections if they help.  Are you an X-pat? from another country or are you a Spaniard?  Forgive the spelling.  I couldn't tell if you were born in Spain.  My medical coverage comes from Social Security and Tri Care, (husband's) military medical.  So we are completely covered for any medical issues we are confronted with.  Additionally we receive all medications free. Social Security is paid into from a very young age if you work.  Its a mandatory deduction from your paycheck.  I beleive that most younger people living in the states will have another kind of medical care in place when they retire.  The fund has been dipped into by the government and never been replaced.  Our social programs are all under funded.  With the influx of illegals and imigrants sent from other countries these social programs are drained of money and given to these people.  Not right but we are working on changing many issues surrounding medical care in the states.  I would think it would be very hard not to be able to speak spanish, especially to a doctor giving you advice or about to operate on you.  Don't you have interrupters who can assist you with understanding the Dr. ?  I know when I was in Ecuador all the doctors spoke English.  Sounds like your best bets would be medications going forward.  Can you arrange for someone who speaks Spanish and English to help you around the system in Spain?  Keep me posted on your health.  Hugs Jan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.