Cost for iTind procedure for BPH.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I requested for iTind cost from London Clinic and below is there quote:

The fees are as follows:

Initial consultation with Prof Dasgupta : £300

Insertion of the iTind: £550

Removal of the iTind: £350

Anaesthetist: insertion £350, removal £250.

Hospital package fee: £5,940 (£2,000 included for iTind).

Follow up appointment with Prof Dasgupta: £170

Total price: £7,910.00

Two follow up appointments will be needed, 1st one month after removal, the 2nd six months later.

There may be scans required before a decision can be made to proceed with the iTind which will add additional costs.

Hank

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I paid less than 3000 euro last year to have it done in Madrid. There was no follow up needed. They may have changed their pricing, I don't know. 

It didn't last for me.

• Posted

Hmmm. Maybe I should look at Madrid.  Do you have name of the facility ? Hank
    • Posted

I don't remember the name offhand. I will look it up. But the Dr is  Fernando Gomez Sancha. He is excellent, and speaks very good English. He spent time in London. If you google him, you will find all kinds of info, and the hospital he works at. Is is Icua.es 

He is a known expert in HOLEP as well. In fact, that is what he was recommending for me. I think the cost was 12000 euro for that. 

• Posted

Thanks Moto. I'll look into it. I especially don't like the follow-up visits required by London clinic. Hank

• Posted

Motoman, sorry to read of the transitory effect of iTind.  I don't recall your mentioning how long it was effective, and I AM curious!   My Urolift was good for about 3 or 4 months, only.  Did you do better than that with iTind?

• Posted

I would say I got 3-4 months worth of good results. I had been in communication with the company afterward, and they thought maybe the device should have remained in longer. My prostate has been described as very "hard", but not large at 45 grams. 

I had FLA in February and am still getting relief from that.

• Posted

HMMMM... I wonder if the hardness is a factor.  I too have a small prostate, last measured at 38 grams.  So maybe the same concern in my case.  SIGH!

And has the company suggested a re-do?  

Or are you satisfied with the FLA results?

• Posted

The company didn't suggest a redo, but I would not have been open to that anyway. 

I think the Itind would be a good option for some people, but it was not easy for me due to the travel. If it was close to home, I would have tried it again. 

I am am satisfied with the results of the FLA so far. Just wondering whether it will last or not.

• Posted

For $20K, the FLA had better last!  confused  I was interested until I read the price tag!  WOW!  And I wonder why Medicare won't cover it...

• Posted

Hi cartoon, is there still a special discount for someone that never had any procedure before ? Also, FLA John 😀 mentioned that his insurance did pay $4000 for FLA. Hank

• Posted

Hi Moto, before iTind and later before FLA, were you on any BPH drugs ? Did they help you ? Thanks. Hank
    • Posted

I tried Flomax, Rapaflo, and Hytrin (Terazosin). I was on Hytrin the longest. It did help more than the others, but eventually the effectiveness diminished. 

I am now taking Hytrin at times, but much less than before FLA. Now at 2 mg (if I take it), before FLA I was taking 10mg daily. It does help, but I have been off it for three weeks now, just seeing what things are like without it.

• Posted

I've read that if the meds help, (correct) procedures will help. If meds don't help at all, procedures most likely won't do any good. Hank

• Posted

Does the FLA procedure cause retrograde ejaculation? the same question for itind. Which procedure, irrespective of working, caused the least side effects?

Russ

• Posted

Neither Itind or FLA Cause retrograde, that's kind of the point of them. Just by default Itind has the least side effects, as it is the least invasive, other than having the device in for a week or so. Maybe they have improved the device since I had the procedure.

I obviously have something else going on. Had a mini TURP (TUIP) in February on the recomendation of the Dr who did the FLA. It worked great for 6 months or so, now slowly starting to become more difficult to empty, and having some small retention, about 200 ml. I also got RE From the procedure, which I wasn't counting on. If I had known that was going to happen, I would have gone for a full TURP, which the Dr is currently suggesting as a next step. I will probably go for it, as not a hell of a lot to lose at this point. The RE isn't that bad after all. But it sure is nice to be able to pee when you need to, and get off the meds.

• Posted

hi looking to itind prostate in Spain

have you got information were you got yours done

thank you edward hamlyn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.