Cost of trying to get through !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

been on df118 for bout 14 years now. I've read all posts and know what it feels like when you can't get through a morning without feeling sh*t. Then because I have to get on with my daily house chores ect , what do I do ? I reach for the majic little pills and pop 6 at once. Hoorah I'm back to normal). Then few hours pass and I need the pick up again so I can do my house work and run a family home. I'm 42 years old and I'm ashamed ). So I take another 4 tablets. Where will this end?. Anyone else just like me ?. I thought it was just me till I read some of the posts. I'm no different am I to a junkie on the street ?. I don't steal from anyone , I wouldn't do that!. I have lots of knee pain which they don't even touch the pain anymore. I take cocodamol as well for knee pain but no buzz with it . My tolerance is ridiculous.  Be grateful if anyone could tell me bout if they are similar situation to me. Sometimes it helps to know that your not on your own. 

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi angie trust me you are not alone were what you call a domestic junkie lol there are more of us than real junkies I feel sorry for them now as its the withdrawal witch stops them from getting clean. Because you've been on them so long you need to speak to GP taper of slow like drop 1 every month till clean or just go full cold turkey witch I advise not I've been clean 3 weeks I took 30+ a day a wanted to die but because you have managed to keep your dose low it might not be to bad test the water 1 weekend don't take any fri sat see how Sunday feels you might be surprised and if you need to take them take 5 repeat process I am not an expert in anyway but it's worth a try if you want your normal happy life back and not the DHC happy life all the best please try this see how you get on xxx
    • Posted

Angie, James is amazing, look what he has done, I would be so proud if I'd done that...I feel pathetic moaning about trying to get off 6 a day sad James is right, it should be fairly easy, do you have a good GP? xx
  • Posted

Hi Angie,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

I get you, I take my 6 in the morn to get the house done, sometimes I may take another 2/3 lunchtime as I'm up 6ish  but then I don't take anymore until the next morning! Do NOT feel ashamed, I am 49, running a house, looking after my Son (21) so mainly washing his clothes, dishes etc, I also babysit my 18mnth Granddaughter a lot, this is my biggest fear as without my lovely boost I struggle so much! How long have you been taking them & is 10 your daily amount? I ask as I find some days I need the boost of an extra 2/3, BC my tolerance is getting worse, I have to try stop now before I end up on 10/15/30 like a lot of people on here! You are not a junkie, well maybe a socially exceptable one, but we are all addicts!! Sounds to me like we are in a very similar position, you are NOT alone, I only joined this site about a week ago & find it a great help smile although I'm still not brave enough to take that 1st step...Are you prescribed? if so how many, how often? No buzz from Co codes BC of your tolerance to DHC!! Do you have a plan, do you want to stop? I'm so grateful for your post BC it's similar to me, maybe we can help each other through this smile Big hugs & love & I am always here!! xxxx

• Posted

Wow , I can't believe how supportive and nice everyone is. James and freedom you have lifted my spirits so much by what you have written . Funny , I felt a warm glow inside,( that was due to your caring words I might add and not the dr118 lol). I know it's not a laughing matter by any stretch but sometimes I think if I didn't have a laugh I would crack up. No I am not prescribed so it costs me and arm and a leg to live day to day.  Our doctors are not that good in Leeds. Well I don't think they are anyway. Too text book approach with no real understanding or empathy.  Thanks guys any ways and freedom I will keep in touch as we are in a similar situation. Now I have to go do a huge pile of ironing!!👔❤️🇬🇧
    • Posted

Oh Angie, I am smiling smile sadly BC I've had 6 today & feel ready to get my housework done (ashamed BC I could of started dropping today instead of Wednesday sad It's good that you can make a little joke, we have to have a lighter side to this after all! 

I feel for you, I am lucky I'm prescribed, 'lucky' wrong choice of word, if I had to buy then maybe I wouldn't be addicted... my GP is too caring & too easy to fool! 

What is your current daily intake? You may have said but I am writing to so many,I'm someone who harly uses laptop & someone who hardly writes at all lol, I'm trying to get familiar with everyone, gonna write it all down. Just wanna say, always double check my advice, I started on here a few days ago, 1st time on anything like this..I would hate to give wrong advice.Angie, I really hope we can help each other if our situation is similar smile Sarah xxxx

• Posted

Thanks Sarah, my current intake is about 14 daily. Must reduce because cannot afford it apart from anything else.  Xxx
    • Posted

How can you buy these i was on DHC 120 mg DF118 40mg snd 30mg Diydrocodeine it was for severe pain ongoing however these things get a hold of you and mess with your life they aren't widely available on the street however sometimes if i run out id look online prices are barbaric i wish id never met these 🙃
    • Posted

So true bilobiggles. The prices are atrocious . I'm in a financial mess or at least I will be soon .
    • Posted

Ok, 14 daily, are you ready to come off? What is your plan (say's she who is stuggling to make a plan) I understand as I spent a fortune on oxycontin  a few years back, Dr prescribed me DHC even though my notes would say, I was addicted to them years ago too!! So I don't have the cost!

How did the ironing go smile Easy when on these pills yeh, I did whole house off 6 yesterday, what I don't get is why I can't do it without them, I used to, up take kids to school, do whole house cook dinner, bath kids, & not sitting down till 10pm, I'd give anything to be like that again!!!

Hope your not feeling to bad today, huge hugs your way xxxx

• Posted

Hi Bilo,

bit confused you mention DF118's, DHC & Dihyrocodeine, they are all the same tablet! Maybe different strengtrhs but still the same!  Please don't buy any, I have no clue of the prices on-line, didn't even know you could get them, not something I want to look in to!!

Are you free now, if not whats your daily intake...Take care & stay strong xxxx

• Posted

I don't have a plan yet lol. They don't give me the surge of energy anymore . I just take them so I don't feel like utter sh*t. Tolerance is stupid . If I didn't have them I would just sit feeling like I'd give anything to sleep.( not an option though).  Huge hugs to you too 🤗
    • Posted

14 daily, I find it hard to drop one & I'm only on 6?? Do you have a plan, do you think you could drop one a day? I know that's the hardest part!! Last time I was clean, I felt happy & the old me returning, WHY can't it be easier, people say 6 a day is nothing, I could jump & be free in a few weeks but I'm too scared, so so glad I have my Son!! xx
    • Posted

6 a day actually is a normal dose if someone were in pain. It's not a dangerous level by far. However too easy to go from 6 to any number !. I remember feeling amazing after 2 lol. If only I'd have known . Isn't hiAnd site a wonderful thing. 
  • Posted

Hi Angie

You are definitely not alone i fell into the valium trap years ago it took me 12 years to get off these i then met DF118 was prescribed for pain excellent it was when they were stopped i noticed being a stranger to myself and others unluckily i took a condition that affected my legs big time pain wise i was prescribed slow release as well as 30 mg it was like party time felt great at night knowing i was waking up to my dhc i was popping them left right and centre i then met a great supplier real pharmaceutical tablets i was putting out £60 a week anyway i always had plenty and probably took about 40-50 a day for months.I woke up 1 morning and had a word with myself that day I made a decision to stop.It took 4 months i stopped buying i was a wreck its fot to be the worst feeling having none.Anyway i stopped eating them like sweets now im on a controlled dose for my pain so i never have stopped takng them so totally understand how you feel.Its sad GPs are not to blame but they do forget who wrote the prescription taking people off these needs to be gradual i mean 5 years they are a great pain killer however ive read people's stories that their life has been turned upside down by these i do natter on but just too say I totally know how you feel etc and not 1 of us is alone

• Posted

I take 6-8 30mg per day still s good dose but glad i can control it now 👍
    • Posted

Oh Freedom... Hello friend!  Just found this thread but I fear I will get even more confused with posts than I already am!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.