Costo or not ???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just joined this group and read all or most of the discussions about this condition I am experiencing so many of the symptoms you all have

I am 5years breast cancer free but I've returned to my consultant with the worry it has come back in my lungs as secondary

I've had a ct scan 5 days ago and waiting for the dreaded news it's back but the symptoms are leaning more to costo and the anxiey it's causing me is making it worse to the extent I feel like I'm having a heart attack

Has anybody gone through the same scenario as me ?

It does ease off if I take painkillers but only until they wear off and I'm at my wits end don't know where to turn

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I 2nd guess my Dr all the time. I had lung cancer and had part of my lung removed ... I just recently (around December, 2016) started having these "symptoms" ... I think I had them shortly after my surgery, spent a week in the hospital and they never did figure out what was causing me such pain ... as fast as it came it left until it raised it's ugly head again in May ... this time they used the word Costochondritis ... I know my cancer is gone and my COPD is being maintained as mild and I SHOULD be able to lead a normal life, but nope this incurable (for the time being) disease holds me back in my daily life. I hope the flare up goes away soon. My Dr gives me Prednisone during a flare-up

• Posted

Have you gone to your dr????  Anxiety definitely makes Costro worse unfortunately. Did you get results of CT scan yet? Hope youre ok. Costro can be very painful and anxiety provoking. If it eases your mind go to ER and get EKG and bloodwork to rule out anything cardiac. I have done this many times. Def eases my mind. Hang in there!!!!  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.