Costo/tietzes almost healed, any tips to speed up the process?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone who's managed to completely rid themselves from costochondritis/ tietzes?

(I believe I have tietzes cos of the swelling)

I'm about 85% healed thanks to natural remedies but I've been 85% healed for some months.

I seemed to get to this point quite quickly (about 3 months) but since December or so my recovery has plateaued.

Does anyone have tips to speed it up? I'm open to natural remedies, exercise and vitamins/ supplements. I'm not keen on pharmaceutical methods.

I'm really hoping I won't be stuck at this stage of it not hurting anymore but also not being fully comfortable.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello. I was wondering how did you heal it 85%? I'm still suffering and I believe I have tried everything in the book with no relief...

• Posted

Try acupuncture by a fully qualified chiropractor it's the only thing that worked for me

• Posted

Turmeric and ginger teas. Lots of them about 4 or 5 a day! I was desperate. A few stretches against the door frame to open up my chest. More recently I've been taking omega 3 tabs and vitamin d.

• Posted

Hi. It does seem to be like this I found it got bad again then the big swelling I had finally went some days just a little.pain but very very manageable I used acupuncture still attend to keep on top of things but yesterday I even prepared a bedroom for decorating stripped walls of old paper which had also been painted a few months ago I could not have been able to do that so just be patient
  • Posted

Iv Been suffering for a year now what sort of exercise did you use and remedies? I believe I hurt it from weight lifting to begin with and am wary of getttinh back into it but need to strengthen it again
    • Posted

Don't try to push yourself my work was health care assistance it was a bad job for me to be in my chiropractor said could I give up work hence she was telling me no heavy lifting use acupuncture it's good and no drugs,I hate taking pills of any sort but now I'm able to do most things I still go to my chiropractor to keep up maintanence of this illness hope this helps

• Posted

Hello ! Help most

Of us get to 85 percent like you . How did you do it ? It's been three years off and on for me ? Other than pain did you have difficulty breathing in at times ? Any advice would be helpful . Thank you .

• Posted

I drank lots of turmeric and ginger teas, did some stretches against the door frame and took omega 3 and vitamin d.

I don't have much difficulty breathing anymore like I used to but i still get a tightness in my chest and shoulder sometimes which makes breathing feel restricted

• Posted

Ok so I know you has heart tests done ? Like most of us . Makes you feel like heart symptoms so darn scary .
    • Posted

Yeah I did. Got the all clear but it didn't stop me developing anxiety over it.

Keep calm and try to not imagine that you have heart problems.

Stress makes it worse cos the muscles tighten.

• Posted

Doctors need to know more about this condition . Did a GP diagnose you or a rheumatologist?
    • Posted

A gp. Luckily I described just a few symptoms and she diagnosed me really quickly ruling out heart problems.

Unluckily the only advice she gave me was to take ibuprofen whenever I felt pain.

Took her advice for 2 weeks then decided I didn't want to be on painkillers for too long.

Good I made that decision cos it was back in July and I couldn't imagine popping pills 3 times a day till now.

• Posted

My primary doc has no clue now I am off to

The rheumatologist go take blood work . Doctors do not know much about tia it seems . That's what makes it scary !

• Posted

I get breathless (and I'm on oxygen)! I take my pulsox and my heart rate runs about 102! All I have to do is stop for a short time ... maybe 5 mins and I recover pretty quick! So far the pain has been tolerable for me! Hope you feel better soon! My Dr recommends heat!!!

• Posted

Hello again . How much tumeric did you place in your tea ? Teaspoon ? Half a teaspoon ? Also did you add any honey ? I am going

To start trying

To remedy myself from this condition . Have been feeling like crap for

Awhile now. Do you take a daily vitamin ?

• Posted

Another question regarding tumeric tea . I made two cups of ginger , tumeric , tea but I noticed the tumeric did not completely dissolve into the tea. Do you strain your tea ? I want to be sure that I am maximizing the benefits of this process . Please tell me

How you make this tea . Thanks again .

• Posted

I used to add a teaspoon but now I just pour some in from the packet but it looks to be about a teaspoon worth.

It does not dissolve so unless you add very little, you will have a sandy bottom so just don't drink till the end. smile

Because it's just in hot water I naturally let it sit for a few mins before drinking as it cools down.

You can strain if you want but I didn't and it helped me so much I doubt it makes a difference.

• Posted

I'm taking vitamin d and omega 3.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.