Costo/tietzes almost healed, any tips to speed up the process?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone who's managed to completely rid themselves from costochondritis/ tietzes?

(I believe I have tietzes cos of the swelling)

I'm about 85% healed thanks to natural remedies but I've been 85% healed for some months.

I seemed to get to this point quite quickly (about 3 months) but since December or so my recovery has plateaued.

Does anyone have tips to speed it up? I'm open to natural remedies, exercise and vitamins/ supplements. I'm not keen on pharmaceutical methods.

I'm really hoping I won't be stuck at this stage of it not hurting anymore but also not being fully comfortable.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just developed this condition about 6/8 weeks ago ... I am a lung cancer survivor, have had a heart attack, and various other "ailments". I thought I was having problems with my rotator cuff but my orthopedist said no (I have bursitis in that arm also) I know you're all thinking I am a medical mess, but I am determined to beat this new ailment. They have put me on Prednisone (I hate what it does to me) and I will do anything to get off of it! I'm off to Washington DC on Sunday to participate in National Lung Advocacy Day as a rep from Illinois! Cosco Chondrites will not stop me however I would love not to have the constant pain ... I'm following this discussion more since you all seem to be more positive and not the doom and gloom I've read on other sites ...

• Posted

I have tried and taken everything in the book and I still can't seem to heal this condition. I'm so tired and stressed about this. I just want to feel better and enjoy my children and my husband. I don't know what else to do

• Posted

I know the feeling. Although I'm almost healed I'm not 100% and that small fraction of not being what I used to be gets me down.

I used to love walking but I can't even do that for too long because the whole arm swinging makes my muscles tense after a while.

I'm only 27 and I feel considerably older because certain activities are still uncomfortable for me.

But I am SO grateful for how much I've healed and will continue trying to get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.