Costochondritis

Posted , 12 users are following.

I recently been diagnosed with costochondritis but the pain is mostly on my breast and my shoulder blade in my arms any suggestion

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My doc had me to take 2 alleve every 12 hours until the pain was under control then 1 every 12 hours until under flare up was over. Also, do not exert yourself by any movement that involves pushing your hands together while holding them in front of your chest. In other words.......

Imagine holding a soccer ball between your hands - in front of your chest - and trying to push your hands through the ball until they touch each other. That will almost always cause a flare up.

• Posted

Thank you. I was taking Naproxen it wasn't working , now I'm taking Motrin this pain is unbearable.
  • Posted

I had this a couple of years ago had the same symtoms and a racing heart beat, try and relax do not lift anything, also felt ill, had antibiotics twice and was off work for a couple of months, hope you have a speedy recovery.
    • Posted

Try putting heat where pain is I found it helped
    • Posted

Thank you michelle22720 . I will tried that but i feel like the pain is inside my breast.
    • Posted

Don't think heat alone is the answer they have to put you on Motrin or pain Meds that are stronger. Yes it will be in your breast. CC affects the whole chest cavity and rib cage.
  • Posted

Hi, yes, the pain can be everywhere from your jaw to you little and ring fingers. The rules here don't allow me to link to specific sites, but if you google on costochondritis pictures you might find a site that shows you the possible extent of the pain.
  • Posted

Hi Stella I find olbas oil works rub it in painful areas use ice packs NOT heat I use this it works I also have Aquapuncture from my chiropractor
  • Posted

Yes i have it ti
    • Posted

Have it too With inflammation/ infection
    • Posted

I didn't get any antibiotic.
    • Posted

Hi Shella, I too feel like the pain is inside my left breast, so much that I asked to get a mammogram and ultrasound last summer. I was afraid that I had breast cancer. Thankfully, the test was negative. This morning I have had some sharp stabbing pain under my left breast, so I am right now sitting up with a heating pad on my back.
    • Posted

Hi Nancy, thank you so much for responding . I was about to call my for a referral to go get a mammogram.
    • Posted

hi why do you say morning its not morning here and for about5 hours ago it was 12 in the day here but maybe a little is inside becauseof the inflammation/infection

• Posted

Well that's not surprising that it is negative. You can try Ibuprophen but for me nothing has helped not even shots of cortesone in my chest. I hope your pain is not intense like mine is. I have no where to turn now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.