Could I Have an Ovarian Cyst? Thoughts & Help Anyone??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello All,

Can anyone help? About 4 weeks ago, I started with very frequent urination and indigestion/wind/belching. Both symptoms were intermittent, but worse when I got my period. My bladder constantly felt full, achy and very uncomfortable, even after passing urine. I was treated for a UTI with antibiotics, but not much relief and no bacteria found in urine. However the symptoms do come and go and vary in intensity. Other symptoms - a noticeably larger, bloated looking abdomen, which feels heavy & draggy at times (I'm not pregnant) sometimes a stitch type sensation and slightly achy sides, but not bad. My periods have also changed recently - shorter cycle and heavier/longer periods. Full bloods done which all came back normal and good. CA125 results also came back normal/good. Doc thinks perhaps still UTI or slight prolapse or fibroid. Someone else mentioned IBS. I've booked an app with a gynaecologist in two weeks and am also awaiting an ultrasound app. I am 42 years old and otherwise fit and healthy... Oh, apart from a wee anxiety issue! Namely, health anxiety! Great! I'm worried and wondering what it could be. I'm thinking maybe a cyst!? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys xx

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Symptoms sound similar to mine, I had 2 cysts removed in December. The ultrasound should give you a clearer picture, hopefully that will happen before you see gynae and then they can discuss with you. Hope you get sorted soon.
    • Posted

Hi I have my ct scan tomorrow and hopefully hear about removal soon after gp scaring to death about cancer and gyno advising me to cancel holiday they both said I could be a waiting list depending on what ct results are !!! How long did you wait for procedure I know all cases differ ???
    • Posted

I had ultrasound last few days of August with initial diagnosis after initially being sent to hospital with suspected appendicitis, another in October to follow up and see if any changes and met gynae in mid September, had op week before Christmas.
    • Posted

Hi dizzylizzie, thanks for your reply. My gynae app is a private one (just to speed up a diagnosis) so that will happen before any scans. It's reassuring to hear others have the same symptoms. Do your symptoms also come and go? What makes this happen? Fluctuating hormones? I'm hoping it is a cyst and a harmless one of course, just so I know what it is, what's happening to my body and see a way forward to getting better. Thanks again to all of you for taking time to read and reply x
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, good luck with your scan tomorrow. Hopefully you won't have long to wait for the op. Let us know how you get on tomorrow x
    • Posted

Thank you just hope this is the start of getting better just on way to appointment take care x
    • Posted

Hey, how are you and how did the CT go today? All well I hope and one step closer to answers and getting better x
    • Posted

Hi ct was fine hopefully case reviewed Thursday and should hear about action plan following week , I'm completely run down at minute with cold and coldsores , couldn't tell you last time I thought about cyst or symptoms which is a good thing , need to get over this as I've got Macy and max to think of they just want their happy mummy back xx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, that's great news all fine with the CT and fingers crossed you'll know the way forward by next week. No wonder you are run down just now 😞 Here's to onwards and upwards from here! How's your week going? Aww, Macy and Max will keep you smiling, as well as busy, no doubt 😊 What are their ages? x
    • Posted

Hi hope your well Macy is 13 max is 8 they both be brilliant with my up and down moods , hopefully make it up to them soon xx
    • Posted

Hey, Aww... Lovely ages! Wee ones are so precious. My little girl Ella is 4 and such a joy 😊 How are you with your symptoms just now? I Had my gynae app yesterday - I've to see her again at a different private hospital on Monday for a transvaginal, as she didn't have access to one yesterday evening. She felt abdomen and did an internal - all looked and felt normal. We'll see if anything to be found Monday. If not, she thinks it could be my colitis. I've had ulcerative colitis for years, but manage it well and it's active just now. Although I've never presented with these symptoms in the past with a flare up. I'll get it looked at if no joy with gynae. I hope you are feeling more up than down and ave a lovely weekend x
    • Posted

Hi having worried myself over a non cancerous cyst for nearly three months I've been diagnosed with endo yesterday and 10 cm cyst covering both ovaries As I'm 41 and have two children I hope hysterectomy is on the cards not just removal of cyst , like many of us suffered for 20 years plus bloating belly constant back and lower tummy pain not to mention constipation which is much worse during period and pass clots which looks like un cooked liver (sorry guys ) , end maybe in sight , even though I'm on my period this week and symptoms have flared up can't stop smiling , so please got that call keep you posted and everyone take care too xxx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

That's great news you finally have some answers and and a good end in sight! Hope all goes well with the hysterectomy - let us know how you get on x

• Posted

we all get these cursed fibroids that grow randomly.so one ladies symptoms is gonna be different to others.

when your coming up to menopause they grow bigger.

they press on various organs that we ladies have all squished up tight .

you are getting everything checked out which is right.

the theory is that when your hormones settle down and you've gone through the change of life, the fibroids will shrink.

that takes many years.

do a bit of research into menopause, that way you can seperate the 'wheat from the chaff' doctors.

dont let them fob you off with IBS.

be insistant you get the tests.

apart from that brace yourself for the wonder of hormonal changes.

i wish you well.

my gynnos (all men) have been telling me for 3 years that its normal.

• Posted

Hello Chica, thanks for replying and the info you gave. It is all very helpful. This forum is great and there is always plenty of support and good advice. Interestingly, last year it was put to me I may be peri menopausal. The gynaecologist I chose is female - most of them were men!! Thanks again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.