could it be cfs

Posted , 9 users are following.

Have just found this topic and would be interested in finding out if I could have cfs , have been diagnosed in last year with pernicious aneamia, arithritis ( dont know what type although RA Factor 30.0) all symptoms of sjogrens (dry mouth,nose skin,eyes etc )but bloods negetive also underactive thyroid for several years also had fibromyalgia mentioned also have periferal neuropathysecondary to all above according to neurologist awaiting nerve conduction test in other words a total disaster lol my worst symptoms are complete exhaustion ,depression, anxiety all made worse by fatigue which does improve a bit after b12 jabs (2 monthly) but doesn't last long I also have a bad sleep pattern and restless legs ,arms which keeps me awake most night I can have great urges to do things like housework etc nbut can end up in tears of frustration when I cant do them does this sound familiar and is it possible I could have to add something else to my never ending list any advice appreciated

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello maurich :D

Gosh, I'm so very sorry that you have such an abundance of medical problems ....... and so many of them are overlapping that it's hard to say whether you could have CFS as well ...... but I would think it is very possible :?

Have you mentioned this to your GP .... it might be worth seeing his/her reaction. As you probably know, at the moment there is no actual diagnostic test for CFS/ME ..... it tends to be done on a variety of symptoms ... many of which you do seem to have :? But of course, your other medical problems, particularly the thyroid and raised inflammatory levels and the pernicious anaemia will make it far harder to diagnose sad

Maybe speak to your GP ..... good luck and hope that you can find the help that you deserve. Do feel free to pop into this forum as and when :D

• Posted

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Katie, I haven't as yet mentioned this to my doctor but after reading thruogh a lot of the posts here a lot seems familiar especially the extreme fatigue bone and muscle pain etc I have instigated a lot of blood tests and hospital appointments over the last year because of symptoms and most of them have proved to be right , I will mention it at my next appointment as it would be easier to accept if I knew it was something I have to learn to adapt to rather than beating myself up about my inability to get back to how things were once again many thanks your support is very much appreciated
  • Posted

Hi Maurich, I see you are a fellow Scot :lol: I'm a bit outnumbered here :roll:

I'm like you at the moment, lots of symptoms and tests over the past year. Hope you get the diagnosis soon so as you can learn to cope with it.

• Posted

hello from me too smile

sorry you're having so many problems at the moment. i hope they can tell you what's going on soon, so you can start dealing with it.

Trees x

• Posted

Thank you so much for replies, I have managed to get an appointment at doctors for Tuesday next week 1st available have had a bad couple of days so tired but the more I read on this subject the more it all makes sense going back for a number of years always been put down to deppression/anxiety which I have believed and have tried all the usual tips given by councillors to be honest I feel I could council others on anxiety myself problem being none of them have worked for any lenghth of time and symptoms have happened outwith what I would say were anxiety situations usually after wards I can suffer for days usually have to psych myself up to do things and of course have suffered afterwards I have always fought these symptoms blaming it as all being in my mind as thats whats been ingrained into mind over many years

One querie if anyone can help do es anyone feel as if even their clothing is too tight and can hurt your skin I had a mastectomy 11years ago for breast cancer and have lost count of the amount of bras I have bought because despite being properly fitted I feel as if I'm being strangled does this make sense to anyone even jumpers,cardigans,trousers feel at times too tight I have gained almost 2 stones in the last year sorry for going on but this is the first time I have even considered CFS not knowing much about it till now thanks once again for support

• Posted

Hello again Maurich

I have increased a stone and a half in 4 years, partly from reduced activity and partly from an unhealthy relationship with food which I hope to get help with soon. It doesn't help the feelings of wretchedness does it?

Sometimes I just cannot stand clothes on me, they just hurt and make my skin crawl. Then I stay in my PJs or else pinch my husband's jogging bottoms which make me feel even more frumpy and unattractive.

You are in good company here.

• Posted

Thank you Alicia I am so glad I found this site so much is now making sense the more I read the more things are falling into place just hope doctor listens to me on Tuesday instead of the usual it's just your anxiety flaring up again thanks again I think you may all get fed up of me I have so many questions to ask
  • Posted

Hi from me, better late than never. I am another one who's weight is like a yo yo. I am heavier know than ever.
  • Posted

Hi again maurich :D

Think we have all put on weight sad Partly due to the happy pills many of us take, and the fact that we just can't exercise like we used to. I too find tight fitting clothes a complete no no .... have to have everything in a stretchy fabric and a larger size ..... often go without a bra completely as cannot stand the restriction :yuk: and the fact that I rarely wear any knickers is a bit of a standing joke on this forum :blush:

Don't worry about asking loads of questions .... fire away :D The forum is a bit muddled at the moment as for some reason all the earlier threads have been merged together ...... it's just a case of ploughing through them ... or not ... don't tire yourself out, we don't mind repeating things :wink:

Take care

• Posted

Hi Maurich & Welcome :D

Like all of us, you have loads of symptoms and if you get chance to wade through some of the posts you will notice that we still ask each other ... \"Do you get???\"

As for the clothing and weight issue, I have also put on loads of weight and at times (especially evenings) I just can't bear wearing [i:59aad29a8a]normal[/i:59aad29a8a] clothes and one of the things that annoys me most is my bra so that just [b:59aad29a8a]has[/b:59aad29a8a] to come off :oops:

Then it is into big & baggy track suit bottoms (I pinch hubbys too Alicia) :D

Good luck with your doctors appointment :ok:

• Posted

My clothes all come off by 9 pm, even on good days :roll:

Maurich, if you want a copy of the leaflet from the National ME Centre entitled A Guide to ME (CFS) for Non Sufferers, just PM me your e mail address and I will send it to you. It might help you identify things to tell your doctor on Tuesday.

• Posted

yup, weight gain here too sad - in this case on my boobs (which is not a good thing, trust me!) also around my waist and hips, so i feel uncomfortable in tight things too now.

i jump in to baggy pj's the first chance i get. :roll:

• Posted

Hello Maurich :D

I feel terribly uncomfortable most of the time - especially tummy.......

Had to look fairly respectable this morning for a dental appointment but now have changed into baggy sweatshirt and baggy-waist jeans!!

It's good I'm not trying to impress anyone :roll:

(and don't get me started on bras :roll: )

I think a lot of it with me is IBS, which is worst when I'm anxious and eat too fast :donut:

As the others said, don't worry about how many questions you ask - this is such a crazy illness with sooooo many weird (and not wonderful )symptoms, we're all learning as we go along

Good luck with your appointment with the doctor :ok:

• Posted

It's just as well we [b:573282588f]have[/b:573282588f] put meeting up on hold ...... we would all be removing various items of clothing in no time by the sound of things :shock:
  • Posted

Hee hee :lol: :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.