Could lower back pain be due to LS?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been suffering with lower back pain for a few weeks, I believe it is in the pelvic area. The same level of top of hip bones but between the two of them! I don't know whether to go to GP or Chiropractor.

I had a UTI & antibiotics about three weeks ago. My urine was sent to path lab, results came back with blood & white cells + something else (I can't remember) in my sample. I had to provide another sample after the end of antibiotics, Results came back as slightly low kidney function. So I have to do another sample for testing next week. Really worried it could be connected to back pain.

Any other ladies had any of these symptoms.

I also have oral lichen planus which is fairly stable but have to have to teeth extracted at the dentist.

I feel so low at the moment, very tearful and feeling nothing in the future for me. I know that is selfish & negative but it is the way I have felt for a week of two.

Any advice please? Thank you ladies in advance.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Please see a gp before going to a chiro. I only say this because since you are having problems with urinary infections and a test came back with slight low kidney function if it was me I would rule out any kidney problems. It may just be back ache and then a chiro is fine. It is very east to become down when you are not feeling well and being concerned about health issues is NOT being selfish. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
    • Posted

Thank you Dunking girl, I now have to go to doc! I just had a wee & did my rinse with portable bidet, then wiped myself with toilet paper and noticed it was pink on paper, another wipe pink again. Urine was clear when I looked in toilet. I then decided I had to see where it was coming from. I don't think it is the urethra. I put some toilet roll around my finger, using a magnifying mirror, I put my finger into opening of vagina = pink on loo roll paper. Could see a red sore or tear in vag. Blood is not dripping out, but must get to see doc in morning. At the surgery you have to phone to see if any appointments available at 8.30am. Normally get a reply after dialing almost ten times about 80.50am. Then there is not any, so you have to wait for a triage nurse to phone. Explain to her what is happening. She decides if you go in or not then when she sees you will get a doc to come and examine you. I know none of the docs down there have any idea about LS or LP! One thing is telling me it can't be any other part as I had a total hysterectomy, including the cervix in 1993. Thanks again, will be in touch tomorrow, Annie x

• Posted

anne, How awful for you..I expect you have a slight tear, perhaps from sex..I am sure it is nothing serious, try not to worry as that won't change anything. 

Remember though, that if you are seeing doctors that are unfamiliar with LS it can be a bit daunting as they will likely suggest a biopsy..if they do, don't panic its what they always say if they dont know what else to do.  If you have already had a biopsy then decline, if not then its probably not a bad idea to have one.  Sending positive thoughts your way. 

Let us know how you get on. 

• Posted

Thanks guppy007, I have already had a biopsy came back as LP, but previous gyno said LS. Dermotologist thinks I could have both. Not a tear from sex, that is certain. Thankfully partner is brilliant. Fusing is quite bad but got to the stage where I have hope. Using bicarb soda baths & dermovate ointment plus barrier cream helping. Now this back pain & blood has made me anxious. To be honest I really have had to learn what is best for me with the help of all you lovely ladies on this forum. But tomorrow is another day. If it is a lesion or tear add another med to my list. Thanks for your kind words & positive thoughts. Annie x

• Posted

Hi Anne

?Please don't worry about this, I think you will find that it is probably some kind of kidney infection. Maybe you just need more anti biotics, I would go back and see your GP,  Please try not to worry at all, go back and have a chat with him.

Good luck

Jane xxx

• Posted

Hello Jane, thank you for your reply. Could you please read on what I have posted to Dunkin girl. I am a bag of nerves at the moment, I cannot type it out again. Be in touch tomorrow, Annie x
  • Posted

No....I get abdominal pain around the pelvic area because of LS, but not lower back pain. It can shoot towards the back but it is not at all as lower back pain. See your doctor.
    • Posted

Thanks dani, can you please read what I just posted to dunkin girl. I am very nervous at present. Be in touch tomorrow, your reply is very much appreciated. Anine x
  • Posted

Yes I would return another sample and see GP again.

It does sound as if you have had a nasty UTI which could well be causing pelvic/ kidney area pain. Don't try to fight it you may need more antibiotics.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks ann67814, I appreciate your reply, so kind ladies on this forum. Could you please read my reply post to dunkin girl. Be in touch tomorrow, Annie x
  • Posted

Hi, I can understand your stress I have had four UTIs in the last year, I think there must be a LS connection there.  Go and see your GP and get him to put your mind at rest (hugs)
    • Posted

Thanks Guppy007, could you please read my reply to dunkin girl, I am not in a happy place at present. But can't thank you enough for being here for me. Annie x

• Posted

Hi Anne 

Sorry to hear you have this I know how you feel,  I have LP and oral, how old are you. Because it's autoimmune I think it causes all these other things. Good luck tomorrow at the doctors  x

• Posted

Hi Karen, thanks for reply. I am 66, I have had it for two and a half years down below. Misdiagnosed for 18 months by my doc. She treated me for vaginal atrophy. I asked for referral to gyno, this wonderful lady took one look & said Lichen Sclerosus. Gave dermovate ointment, worked first application. When went back for follow up it was a male gyno and did a biopsy without stopping steroid ointment before result came back as Lichen Planus. He discharged me with no further instructions how to treat. My doc then referred me to dermotologist and she said possibly both LP & LS. Very pleasant lady due back for follow up June 1st. But have lost a lot of achitecture down below. Seen Oral Surgeon OLP, great guy. Now waiting for appointment to have two teeth out. I believe mine all started when my doctor took me off HRT patches without weaning me off the dosage.

Just hoping doc will know what is going on. Let you know tomorrow. Annie x Thank you for your help.

• Posted

Hi Anne 

Did you manage to get an appointment with the doctor, hope your feeling better today. I was diagnosed with LP many years ago around the same time I had colposcopy for abnormal cells after a smear test. My dentist actually found it but at the time I didn't have any symptoms it's only the last few years it's really bothered me. I realised then they are linked, also I find other things bothering me now, like sciatic pain due to nerve damage, my eye forever waters, it's all related because it's autoimmune. Xx

• Posted

Hi Karen, no doctors appointments available but I did insist that I wanted to speak to triage nurse. She phoned, I explained what was going on. She said I cannot give you an appointment until Monday. The doctor on call is male & does not do internal examinations! I told her I am bringing a urine sample today, I wanted it checked for UTI. Her reply, 'ok if you want to'. I took it and she got back to me, completely negative for infection.

So now I have to wait until Monday. No more bleeding today or pain, just found a sore on entrance to vagina that had been bleeding. I am sure doctor I see on Monday will be useless as she is very abrupt & no time to talk & listen. I usually avoid her if I can. But will have to wait & see!

I diagnosed Oral LP myself & showed it to dermotologist, she agreed immediately. I also have chronic watery eyes. Wind & sunlight make them worse. Tried all sorts of drops from doc but nothing works! I agree with you I think all this is related to AI. I have underactive thyroid, type 2 diabetes & psoriasis in my ears, scalp which I think is LP also.

Many thanks for all your help. I do not feel anxious tonight.Annie x

• Posted

I'm pleased your not feeling anxious anymore Anne, stress isn't good is it! Also it's a good sign you have no infection. Good luck on Monday with the doctor, let me know how you get on, I know what you mean about drops, nothing seems to work it's so frustrating, try and enjoy your weekend. Karen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.