Could lower back pain be due to LS?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been suffering with lower back pain for a few weeks, I believe it is in the pelvic area. The same level of top of hip bones but between the two of them! I don't know whether to go to GP or Chiropractor.

I had a UTI & antibiotics about three weeks ago. My urine was sent to path lab, results came back with blood & white cells + something else (I can't remember) in my sample. I had to provide another sample after the end of antibiotics, Results came back as slightly low kidney function. So I have to do another sample for testing next week. Really worried it could be connected to back pain.

Any other ladies had any of these symptoms.

I also have oral lichen planus which is fairly stable but have to have to teeth extracted at the dentist.

I feel so low at the moment, very tearful and feeling nothing in the future for me. I know that is selfish & negative but it is the way I have felt for a week of two.

Any advice please? Thank you ladies in advance.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Anne, I have the same pain for 3 years but haven’t gone to gp cause i was putting it on my works fault just think I’m genetically predisposed to have arthritis . I’m a cleaning lady and I’ve always worked physically and fell more than once in my life so . Now that you mention this i will check it out with gp. The worst moment is when i get up in the morning.... I did get hysterectomy 1 year and a half ago and find it got worse so i then thought my abdominal muscle were in cause. For the other part of your message.... expressing that you’re really down... I understand. I think that the emotional state in this desease really needs to be addressed . On my part I’m a natural anxious person to start with so with this LS downfall got really bad and almost hypochondriac, was getting panic attack’s and more. Thought my life as a normal woman was over , it’s necessary to focus on positive and not just negative . When you see your doctor talk to him or her about these feelings , I know i did cause the brain is also an organ and it gets very bombarded with a situation like LS soThe important is to find your way to get the smile back . Always remember that your not alone in this.... and coming on this site really helps . People care here... when i joined 1 month ago i was greated by wonderful women i think of them as my fairy godmother almost lol... Caroline, Helen, Kathleen. Because of them i felt hope again. One day you will be giving advice to a newcomer. Cheer up and life is going to be good to you... xx
    • Posted

Hi Brigitte 

That is how I feel , diagnosed on Tuesday of this week , feel like my life is over , Google’s all the pictures of all the vaginas . Have had mega panic attacks and I am just so so cold all the time, slept in my flanakette nighty for the last three nights , haven’t eaten properly at all . Have a gynaecologist appointment on Monday through our insurance who has been recommended . Interestingly I was also taken off HRT with no support at all !! I wonder if that’s something to do with it . I am struggling to see where my life is going to go now . Thanks all of you cxx

• Posted

Hi Jane, just thought I could drop a little  ‘’ cheer me up line ‘’.  First of all i think you’re symptoms of not eating well, chills, cold feeling is part of the shock or a bit of panic state. It’s a bad news when we get the diagnosis but we all know there are worse diseases. You need to try to relax a bit and give yourself time to realize that it’s going to be ok. Your life will not be just about LS.  You have to hang on to the hope and tips we all give each other here. Do what doctor said with the cream and take some tips of the experienced women here they really do care and they share because they know what we are going threw. Time to get off that shocking news is important and time will show you that you will be ok.  Lots of rinsing with water and bicarbonate of sodium. Or water and borax. And then hydrate with coconut oil  . I take lots of different vitamins and cut sugar ( as much as you can) . Good anti inflammatory foods are a plus for the whole body so could help also. Take one day at the time and you will learn what’s good for you. There are more women with this condition than we all think... it’s just not spoken about... at least you’re at a good place here for the support. Hugs 🤗 

• Posted

Please, stop looking at pictures of vaginas on google....it will not help you at all. You must keep positive, LS can be controlled and treated with steroid cream and an arsenal of other creams, ointments, oils and so on. Stressing about it it will not help you. Stress and refined sugar are major triggers in LS, an autoimmune disease.

If you are menopausal, you could use Estriol cream inserted into your vagina to treat vaginal dryness.

• Posted

Hi Daniel, I think your reply was for jane63639 not me. I do not look at pictures on Google. I have had this illness for two and a half years. I had been on dermovate ointment & been getting on fine until this lower back pain started a few weeks ago & now bleeding. Doc's this morning. Anne07585.

• Posted

Dani comes from Danielle...I am not a male. Very sorry to reply to you............

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.