Countdown to # 6

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today I am officially in the single digits. My surgery is scheduled for Jun 18th. Has anyone ever noticed Mondays as a rule stink well here is another example!! Trying to make smoe light on it so here is my line of thinking ( this is nonsense!! ) June 18th surgery 18 is the total number of times my L knee has been operated on, 2018 for the year. !8 might be good luck?? Since this is # 6 for knee revisions all on the same L knee I have no illusions on what to expect. The surgeon thinks I will be in the hospital 3 days ( my average is 5 ) I will not be able to drive for a month. During the month my blood will be monitored since I will be on blood thinners and I will have a therapist come by 2 to 3 X a week to help get my knee moving again. More than likely I will have those stylish compression stockings on that help with the prevention of blood clots even better here in Va in the summer it gets hot and humid wont I look cool? By the end of July I will be released from home health care and will be able to drive and I am sure driving to out patient therapy is going to be about it. What is good at least for me where I will go to therapy is less then 2 miles away close is good. I am going to be in the same mode as everyone else the pain is going to really make life miserable I may complain when walking now after the surgery just trying to walk to my living room is going to be no fun. One thing is for sure it will take time I have no illusions on that in fact due to the amount of surgeries my knee has had I would not be surprised if the healing takes longer. 

This post if nothing else helps me in away deal with whats coming yes I have been thru it and yes I know what to expect and I am sure I have a great surgeon but I keep second guessing will this be it or will I have to repeat this mess all over again?? I may joke about this but in reality I am nervous and somewhat scared as well. So hopefully things will turn out okay??

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just got a call from the hospital I have to be there at 5am and my surgery will start at approx. 7am. The only thing bad considering I will be the first the odds are pretty good I will be in my room around noon maybe which also means there is a good chance PT will be paying me a visit. That will not be much fun the first walk maybe a short distance from the bed to the door but pain wise it really stinks. I might be ok since I was told I would get an epidural I will be numb from the waist down and it takes awhile for the effects to wear off. Fun times ahead!!
  • Posted

Hi I had an epidural at 9 am back in recovery at 11.25 and in my room at 2pm. Pt came the following day. I had a dead leg for 24hrs horrendous. You'll be fine once it's over then that's when the work starts. I'm 11 weeks after tkr and am just hoping once I hit the 6 month mark I'll feel its worth it. Good luck

• Posted

4 days left, well really 3 the 4th day is surgery. Fun times ahead!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted

Getting very close after today one full day left ( Sunday ) then bright and early hospital.
  • Posted

not that it matters last day before surgery!! 
  • Posted

13 HOURS from now I will be at the hospital will be replying once I get back. The surgeon said 3 days but I may ask for one extra day since my son will be off on Thursday and he can pick me up. Hope everyone does well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.